Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#63319 - 02/19/03 08:57 PM El Frente Español
El Cid d'España Offline

http://www.frente-espanol.es/

What is your opinion about this organization? I'm just curious on how Spaniards feel on this particular subject.

#63320 - 02/20/03 08:54 AM Re: El Frente Español
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
It's a neo-fascist organisation, though you could safely drop the neo, when it comes to the likes of Blas Pinar. Drawing on the principles of the Falange, it is a tiny minority movement on the fringe of Spanish politics and has neglible support. Fortunately.

#63321 - 02/20/03 03:56 PM Re: El Frente Español
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
That's it: A fascist political party with roots on the Franco's regime. Xenophobic, antiamerican, racist,...

Fortunately they obtain less than 10,000 votes all over Spain.

Fernando

#63322 - 02/21/03 06:10 AM Re: El Frente Español
El Cid d'España Offline

Thank god hardly anyone is voting for them. I'd found it under an internet search for "Español" and I was curious how Spaniards, in general, felt about them.

#63323 - 02/21/03 06:14 PM Re: El Frente Español
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Although I hadn't heard of the group, once I saw "miembros del Frente Español...con Marine Le Pen" I knew I'd seen enough. If Le Pen isn't a fascist (actually the name probably is French for "the pin-head") nobody is.

Nice pop-up of Blas' comments on why the US wants to invade Iraq, too. Oddly enough, it is the French who have the controlling interest in Iraqi petroleum, and with whom they have a powerful trade relationship...I wonder why they have threatened a security council veto...hmmmm.... confused

#63324 - 02/22/03 11:02 PM Re: El Frente Español
El Cid d'España Offline

One reason could be due to the overwhelming four million French-Arabic Muslims in France. Any action against Iraq would most likely cause them to riot and create social havoc. But then again, this could be one of many reasons behind the lack military support for the "New Europe". rolleyes
[SARCASM] I thought there was only one Europe. [/SARCASM]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments