Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#63207 - 02/04/03 07:10 AM International Phone Cards
Gageless Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Hi gang,
back again, and I found accomodation but that´s a different story. Badly need to find out what teh best value for money international phone card is here. Phone rates are a rip off. Surely there´s a cheaper way. I want Spain to Australia by the way,
Thanks in advance,
NZL

#63208 - 02/05/03 09:35 AM Re: International Phone Cards
nachomama Offline

Loc: Chicago
Try Corte Ingles. If you go to the section where they sell cell phones and ask one of the sales people about buying a phonecard, they have a huge list of countries and rates, and can let you know which card will get the biggest bang for your buck.

#63209 - 02/06/03 05:28 AM Re: International Phone Cards
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I haven't had occasion to call Australia from Spain but I have called the U.S. and Ireland. I always go to a Tabacalera and buy a Tarjeta Telefonica, the kind with an I/C on the card itself. I found Spain to U.S. rates to be very cheap. The phones are at the blue Telefonica kiosks. As a matter of fact, a 3-minute call to the U.S. from Spain cost me less than a 3-minute call to a mobile in Spain. The cheapest Tarjeta Telefonica is 6-euros. I don't know what the next denomination is but you can add money to the card at a phone.

They have the same type system in Ireland but the Spain card doesn't work there & the Ireland card doesn't work in Spain.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
la calma
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1693 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments