Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#63196 - 01/22/03 06:52 PM Spanish award for my professor
WB Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
Just thought I'd share this........

A few years ago, my Spanish professor retired, and moved near me. We are friends (in fact he now insists that I call him by his first name instead of "Doctor Fernández"). He has written so many articles and given so many lectures related to Spain. He also wrote a booklet 18 years ago on how Spain contributed to the independence of the USA in the 18th century (I have an autographed copy smile ). The Embassy and Consolates still give out the booklet to visitors to this day, and it's in it's 3rd or 4th printing. Anyway I was talking to him last night and he said that he went to NY last week to a ceremony where the Consul or Embassador (I forget which) awarded him with the "Cruz de Isabel la Católica", and a certificate to go along with it. I'm really proud of him.

He's from Asturias, and he's lived in the states for 20+ years.

That's all, just thought it was interesting. I asked him if "El Rey" was at the ceremony and he just laughed. I took that as a "no" wink

Winston

#63197 - 01/23/03 06:44 AM Re: Spanish award for my professor
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
You know that "la Cruz de Isabel la Católica" is the second most prestigious spanish civil award (following the Principe de Asturias' Award)?

Your professor must be an important person smile

Fernando

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments