Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#62998 - 11/04/02 10:33 PM Spanish Guitar
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
I play a Spanish guitar and i was wondering if any one else who visits this website plays the Spanish guitar?

#62999 - 11/04/02 10:49 PM Re: Spanish Guitar
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I don't... yet, but am starting lessons (probably) NEXT WEEK!! Can't wait!!!! cool

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63000 - 11/05/02 12:07 AM Re: Spanish Guitar
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I play guitar...and am hoping to learn some more spanish type stuff next semester (I will be in Granada). So far all I know is "Romance" ( I think that is the name, I heard it all the time in spain last summer, and just kinda picked it out by ear from a CD I bought there). Anybody have ideas on what else I could learn? Ways to go about finding someone to play with next semester in Granada? smile

#63001 - 11/05/02 12:50 AM Re: Spanish Guitar
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
I think you might be refering to "Spanish Romance" by Segovia it is definetly an excelent song.Ive been playing the guitar for about a year now and I own an Alhambra guitar I usually play finger picking songs. I still go to classes im paying about 75dollars a month for half hour classes per week and its been alot of fun. I think its really cool that Madridman is gonna learn how to play. Madridman your the best!

#63002 - 11/08/02 05:44 PM Re: Spanish Guitar
Vega Offline

Hey, howdy, I play the guitar. Mine's an Alvarez, but its made in Korea, or China, I think. I have played the Alhambrez(sp?) Spanish guitars in Spain. I play a lot of Flamenco, among many other genres.

Kelar419, check out Paco De Lucia. If your into more acoustic instrumental/contemporary flamenco stuff, you'll like him. Let me recommend his "Siroco" album, or else "Espana en una Guitarra" (with Segovia and Sabicas). He also did a great live album in San Francisco with John McLaughlin and another jazz artist.

Oh, one more thing. Quintos, what's that "fan" style of finger strumming that the flamenco guitarists use. Resguedo, Rasgado, or something like that? A friend of mine who plays guitar asked me about that yesterday. I know have it in one of my guitar books somewhere, but can't find out where! Thanks.

-Vega*

#63003 - 11/09/02 11:59 AM Re: Spanish Guitar
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I'm also thinking about buying a new guitar in Granada next semester (leaving my current one at home). Any ideas on good brands, decent places to buy in Granada, for a reasonable price? I am looking for a decent student level guitar, nothing too fancy rolleyes .
Kelly

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments