Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#62995 - 11/09/02 07:18 PM Re: making international calls to US from Madrid
madridmanjim Offline

Loc: Northern Spain
I am a EUROCITY fan, also. 120 minutes for €6 to either the States or to W. Europe. Anytime and from any phone. You dial the 900 number, enter the secret code, dial the number and go. As Chica indicated, the only drawback is that you have to use the card within 30 days of first use. An excellent value. Not all kioskos carry it.

#62996 - 11/19/02 07:09 AM Re: making international calls to US from Madrid
carmendeespana Offline

Loc: Madrid
You can purchase a pre-payment card in any "estanco" as madridmanjim says. But those are Telefonica cards and they will only work at Telefonica payphones.

There is a place in C/ Montera, where you can get also pre-payment cards through another company. Those don´t come with a chip to be inserted in the payphone, but have a personal code to activate them and then you dial a loooooooooong number to access that company and call your family.

Those are really cheap but I remember using them once and not getting a really good connection.

#62997 - 11/22/02 07:59 PM Re: making international calls to US from Madrid
madridmanjim Offline

Loc: Northern Spain
I only mention EUROCITY because it is the cheapest card I have found. As I indicated in my previous note, it can be used on any phone and used anytime. Period. Dial the toll-free number and the "secret code" and then dial up the number. Simple. 120 minutes for €6. Only rarely have I ever had problems with line quality.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1583 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments