Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#62951 - 10/25/02 11:48 AM Re: Brush with celebrity
Candela Offline

Loc: MADRID!!!!!
Ooops, I meant Pedro Almodovar as someone had mentioned him above. Marta, I can't remember her last name. Bleached blonde pop singer. I've heard her called the Spanish Madonna, hence the one name thing. Who knows maybe she has crashed and burned by now and no one knows her at all!
PS I love this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#62952 - 10/25/02 12:25 PM Re: Brush with celebrity
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Marta Sanchez was the lead singer with Ole Ole in the eighties then went solo. I was working for a company in Puerto Banus selling real estate in an office on the front line of the harbour in 1987 or thereabouts, when I heard a lot of commotion from the terrace of the boutique next door. eek

She was there looking at clothes and a crowd gathered and they started singing one of Ole Ole's songs. Marta loved this and waved and smiled, until a group of teenage boys wiped the grin off her face by chanting "Sabrina tiene mas, Sabrina tiene mas!", while holding their hands in front of their chests, referring to an Italian (I think) singer, who was in the charts at the time and had a video out featuring her in an outfit which was fighting a losing battle to restrain a rather well endowed figure!! laugh

Incidentally, while I'm here, I should name drop a little bit too and mention that I sold Frank Bruno his house out here about the same time. Frank who, I hear you cry? The Brits all know him as a household name and face in the UK and I'm sure those boxing fans from over the pond will know him too as one of the few British World Heavyweight boxing champions of the world that wasn't American! :p Oh I spilled coffee over singer Rocio Jurado when I was working as a (not very good) waiter too!!

#62953 - 10/25/02 01:09 PM Re: Brush with celebrity
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Marta Sanchez is still vivita y coleando...she's well-known by the latino kids at our school here. She has "jumped the charco" and is more successful in Latin America now. And she will always have "más" than Sabrinita in my mind.

Anchovy: We know who Bruno is...I watched him get "set up" by Lennox back in the early 90s...AT one point in the fight, after Lewis popped him a good one (Bruno had been leading the fight until Lewis landed a savage blow), Lewis held his head, let it drop and then uppercut it on the way down...the referee who allowed that sort of nonsense to happen should be banned from boxing. Lewis kicked Bruno's arse that night...long before he would become who he is today.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments