MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#62912 - 10/21/02 07:11 AM halloween
aine Offline

Loc: bristol, england
Hi,
I know that halloween isn´t really celebrated in spain but i just can´t give up on the fancy dress party tradition, especially when i have the next dat off wink I´m currently down to dress up as a leprechaun with one of my friends rolleyes , but now i´m thinkin it would be really cool to dress up as something traditional to Spain. So what i´m basically asking for is any suggestions on scary characters- that are native to Spain. Or else any celebs i could do a complete piss take of.
Aine

#62913 - 10/21/02 09:14 AM Re: halloween
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Ask one of the Spanish people you work with or know about el Coco. I have heard Spanish parents say to their children: viene el Coco but I don't have the foggiest idea what el Coco looks like. ¿El cocodrilo? rolleyes

#62914 - 10/21/02 09:23 AM Re: halloween
Miguelito Offline

El coco, el hombre del saco (the man of the bag?), el sacamantecas, los martinicos, are some of the scary people from Spanish oral tradition. Although we know about their actions they don't have a popular representation or description that everybody would identify. Anyway I'm not such a fan of scary subject.

#62915 - 10/21/02 10:23 AM Re: halloween
aine Offline

Loc: bristol, england
I think it would 2 go as the bogeyman but that might have to involve stayin in my room all night frown bagin the doors and windows cos I always thought it was meant to be invisible- might b different in Spain tho.Found stories about hombre del sac etc- but havin trouble figuring out what the others look like.
Someone suggested I be a "cereal killer" with breakfast boxes covered in blood(tomato frito) and knives stickin out of them stuck all over me laugh - but it might lose somethin in the translation.
Aine

#62916 - 10/21/02 07:40 PM Re: halloween
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Imagine the surprise on people's face when you show up as el Coco, saying trick or treat!

#62917 - 10/21/02 09:40 PM Re: halloween
Espe3 Offline

How about Don Quijote!?! You could have loads of fun impersonating him! wink

#62918 - 10/22/02 07:37 PM Re: halloween
toddy Offline

Loc: USA
Don't worry, if many children of Burgos now celebrate Halloween, any costume would be great. How about El Cid?

#62919 - 10/23/02 06:02 AM Re: halloween
martine Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi Mencey
I like your last sentence: "Como quieres..."
Can you please translate? I am learning Spanish, but I lost count by reading it eek .Thanks

#62920 - 10/23/02 10:05 PM Re: halloween
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
jaja- that brings back memories of my time studying abroad this past summer. My host siblings loved this tongue twister and would always try to get me to say it rolleyes ...needless to say I never quite mastered it at "full speed"!! laugh

#62921 - 10/24/02 01:26 AM Re: halloween
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
This is probably going off the subject, but her it goes....eh-jem,(clearing throat),
According to my best translation, and I may be wrong, my spanish friends may correct me...How could you want me to love you if whom I want to love me doesn't love me how I want to be loved. How could you want me to love you?
It sounds better in spanishje je je

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments