Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#62670 - 09/06/02 08:05 PM Re: any Bostonians?
Cooter Offline

Loc: Boston, MA USA
Cooter is a good southern boy who currently has the misfortune to suffer the slings and arrows of northern opression, climactic, interpersonal,and automobilistic, in this so-called "hub."

#62671 - 09/07/02 05:46 PM Re: any Bostonians?
MAM Offline

Loc: Boston/N.Y.C.
Would you care to explain. -MAM

#62672 - 09/07/02 06:07 PM Re: any Bostonians?
juli Offline

Loc: Tarragona
Hey wow -

All of these postings, I just figured there weren't many Bostonians. Or I should say Brooklinites. I have called Brokline home for a long, long time, but wasn't born here. Try 27 years, including time at college and traveling. You know, many pp say that northerner's are not warm people, very stifled and such.. I must be different, 'cuz I am not that way, I think...

As Anchovy says, Sevilla is rather dormant in the month of August, and it's usually scorching hot, like 110 degrees average. Everyone escapes tothe chalet in the countryside. I hear it's cooler this summer. I haven't been to Southern Spain in 2 years, and I tend to enjoy the northern cities. Last time, I spent a few days getting to know Cordoba and loved it! Tried Marbella too, but it was May, and we found only clouds and cool breezes. frown

This time, I'll be studying in Tarragona, haven't decided whether I'll live there or in Barcelona. Three weeks and counting, yay! wink Such a joy to find others that are as enchanted with Spain as I am, and looking forward to meeting some of you.

On the reunion front, you all might just have to have a big party at Tapeo's on Newbury St. or Dali near Inman Square, both outstanding tapas restaurants. There's a tasty one in Brookline at the first T stop above ground on the "C" green line. The T stop is called St. Mary's Stop, and the restaurant is a small place called Taberna de Haro. Outstanding!! I would advise arranging it ahead of time, as it is small, or go somewhere else. The only other one I know of is called Tasca, on Commonwealth Ave, a bigger space, it's on the "B" line.

Since I'm leaving in a few weeks, I want a full report! Details!

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, Sevilla is a hopping town during the school year. Hopping!! I did some very nice partying when I studied there, and the people are very hospitable, friendly.

YOu should go sometime for La Feria in April. Check the calendar, but it is a blast!

Jill laugh

#62673 - 09/07/02 08:39 PM Re: any Bostonians?
MAM Offline

Some people I know from Spain living in Brookline say they like Tasca the best of the three you mentioned. I've been to the others but not Tasca. -MAM

#62674 - 09/08/02 09:35 AM Re: any Bostonians?
Sarita Offline

Loc: Sevilla
Hi guys,
Just last week we were talking about Boston's tapas restaurants on another thread. I think it's under Classifieds & Personals, subject is Boston Madridman Dinner Group or something like that. Any of you ever been to Iruña in Somerville? I've also been dying to try Taberna de Haro. I thought Tapeo on Newbury was outrageously expensive but it IS Newbury! I'd love to take my husband out for gambas al ajillo for our anniversary next week. Maybe we'll try Taberna! I'd love to meet up with the Madridman Boston group at some point. Keep me informed if you guys plan anything! Looks like we'll miss Jillita as she is off to España. We're going for Navidades and Fin de Año this year. Anyone seen any good flights, preferably BOS-London(we always have to switch airports-such a pain!)-SVQ?
Hope everyone is enjoying the lovely weather in Boston this weekend! It's almost reminiscent of a crisp fall day in Andalucia.

Saludos!
Sarita laugh

#62675 - 09/08/02 06:56 PM Re: any Bostonians?
MAM Offline

I flew British Airlines not long ago, Bos-London-Madrid. It was the best fare I could find out there. -MAM

#62676 - 09/09/02 10:03 AM Re: any Bostonians?
josie Offline

Loc: Silver Spring, MD, USA
Anyone been to a restaurant in Central Square called Cuchi Cuchi? I haven't seen it mentioned by any of you Boston MM members. My daughter was there about 3 months ago, said she enjoyed it and would go again. Besides the Spanish food she said there are some Brazilian and Argentinian items on the menu. We're hoping to check it out when I visit in Oct.

josie

#62677 - 09/13/02 08:31 PM Re: any Bostonians?
juli Offline

Hey Bostonians -

Anyone up for a glass of wine sometime in the next two weeks? A mini-reunion...

Ideas?

#62678 - 09/14/02 11:21 AM Re: any Bostonians?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Come up with a couple of dates that work for you and we can go from there ....

#62679 - 09/16/02 09:00 PM Re: any Bostonians?
juli Offline

I could do Tues 24th, Thurs 26th, Sat 28th. This wkend is uncertain, as I have some plans in the works. If it falls thru, I'll be free for Sat 21st.

Jill

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments