Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#62660 - 08/25/02 08:50 PM any Bostonians?
juli Offline

Loc: Tarragona
Boy! it's message boards like this that justify my passion for Spain!! So, I see the LA crowd and the NY crowd.

How about any Bostonians?

Jill

#62661 - 08/31/02 02:03 PM Re: any Bostonians?
Sarita Offline

Loc: Sevilla
Hola Jill~
Another fellow Bostonian/Espanola de corazon here!

I read your profile that linked to your website but was not able to link to your resume. I am interested in knowing more about your translation services so feel free to email me or respond to me via this forum!

My husband is from Sevilla and we both do some translating on the side when it is available; we get lots of practice at our jobs where we speak both castellano and ingles every day.

On another note--hello to everyone on the madridman.com forums! I've just joined--where have I been? I am a fellow hispanofilia, having lived in Sevilla for 2 years total in college and now married to a sevillano. We are planning on moving back to Sevilla sometime in the next couple of years. I am forever looking for job connections in Sevilla.....any ideas anyone? I'll post under separate cover in the "Working in Spain" category. Luckily I am "legally" married to a Spaniard, so my job search won't be restricted by immigration issues.

Jill, espero poder hablar mas contigo! Vivimos en Salem, MA asi que no estamos muy lejos....

Besos y Saludos a todos los del Forum!

Sarita smile

#62662 - 09/01/02 08:37 PM Re: any Bostonians?
juli Offline

Sarita -

How wonderful to receive your message and learn that you live so nearby! My first time to Spain was Junior year abroad, and it was in Sevilla for 5 months, then in Salamanca for another month. I had a month in between to travel and visit my family who came to visit. I enjoyed Sevilla immensely, especially the river, and the people! I will indeed keep in touch.

Jillita

#62663 - 09/01/02 09:38 PM Re: any Bostonians?
Sarita Offline

Loc: Sevilla
Jillita-
What program did you study with? I was at Centro Norteamericano on C/ Harinas in El Arenal for Fall 98 and Fall 99 (and summer and breaks in between.......)

The rio is also one of my favorite part of Sevilla! Sitting and having a tinto de verano or a cafe at Cafe La Prensa on Calle Betis.......some of my best memories.

Where did you live while studing there? My first year I was in Nervion and my second year in Triana. My husband's family lives on San Jacinto.

We certainly do need to stay in touch....silly that we are chatting online considering we are about 30 minutes away! But this site is great....so many people with a similar love for Spain.

Saludos!

Sarita

#62664 - 09/02/02 01:38 AM Re: any Bostonians?
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
Hey Boston people:

Us Yankees will travel up north to join you for an evening or two...keep us informed.

Rc

#62665 - 09/02/02 11:42 AM Re: any Bostonians?
juli Offline

Hey JoeSambuca -

A Boston reunion would be very chevere, and if it doesn't happen in the next 4 weeks, then I'll have to catch you in Spain until my return. Of course, that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be one. We've got some terrific tapas restaurants up here! Yum.

Woohoo! I'm off to study in Tarragona, a masters in translation for 2 years, very excited. I'm not sure, but am hoping to make it to the Oct 5 Madrid marcha... it's up in the air now b/c I arrive 4 days earlier. Anyone wanna join me in exploring the scene in Barcelona?

Hey Sarita -

I was living in Triana too, loved it! I could get to anywhere and I wasn't in the middle of town, and you could get to the river easily. It was great! I lived on the corner of c/ Evangelista.

The school was contracted as an exchange thru the CIEE (of course), it was called Centro, or Univ. Menendez y Pelayo, and had an office located in Univ. de Sevilla. For one of my history classes, I had to trek all the way over to the ciencias building near the train station. What a schlep!

Jillita

#62666 - 09/06/02 12:34 AM Re: any Bostonians?
MAM Offline

Loc: Boston/N.Y.C.
Hey. I saw the prompt looking for Bostonians and was thinking about responding. Then saw that Jillita is writing from Brookline, my hometown and had to post right away. I have actually just moved to Manhattan to study but still call Boston my home. I just got back from Spain a couple of weeks ago. I spent some of my time in Sevilla (¡Que Bonita!). I am in short enamored with the country. Leaving was painful and could only be done knowing I would be back as soon as possible. Have you lived in Brookline long Jillita? i also have a question about Sevilla. Is it ever bustling with people? When I went it seemed that nearly ALL the Spaniards were away. It was an oven at the time.
Adios

#62667 - 09/06/02 08:36 AM Re: any Bostonians?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hello MAM! Sevilla is closed in August!! Most people head for the coast, not them thar hills! I spent a Thursday night there this August and it was pretty quiet. I actually went to see the football, rather than sightseeing, but was surprised that it wasn't as hot as normal - this was 10th August. The students aren't about either and they give the place a buzz on an evening in the bars.

Although I love Spain, I am hankering to get back to Boston, where my wife and I spent four nights a couple of years ago. Great city!! We stayed one night in a guest house in Brookline. That's where the "T" is above ground? I might have a bit further to travel to the reunion but count me in.... loteria primitiva permitting! rolleyes

#62668 - 09/06/02 12:04 PM Re: any Bostonians?
MAM Offline

Loc: Boston/N.Y.C.
Yes Brookline is where the T goes above ground. I love Boston too, though it was time for a change of pace. Manhattan is amazing to live in. The amount of great things to do... Next on my agenda is to try out all of the great Spanish restaurants. There are several near me in the Village. They all advertise killer sangria. Do you live in Andalusia? -MAM

#62669 - 09/06/02 04:04 PM Re: any Bostonians?
josie Offline

Loc: Silver Spring, MD, USA
So is there going to be a MM Boston area get-together? I'm not from Boston, so normally I wouldn't take an interest in this particular topic, but I'm going to be visiting my daughter there in the middle of Oct, so...if you're going to meet for dinner, would you mind doing it then so I could come too? laugh

josie
in Minnesota, missing España

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments