Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6216 - 11/14/03 10:54 AM Madrid: Hostal TIJCAL 1?
Hester Offline

Loc: London
Can anyone tell me what Hostal TIJCAL 1 is like??
I can't seem to get a room at Hostal Adriano that everyone goes on about. Help!
It looks as if it's in a nice area. Is it?

Also this is my first time to Madrid, has anyone got any recommendations of must do things (apart obviously from the Prado).

#6217 - 11/14/03 08:56 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal TIJCAL 1?
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
If you mean the original Hotel TIJCAL, it is very pleasant, clean, and comfortable. As I recall, when I stayed there there was some construction going on and it was hard to get to the place, the benefit being it was fairly quiet at night. The stairs were not much fun for older folks! The staff spoke English. I think I gave a review of the place several years ago.

#6218 - 11/15/03 08:30 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal TIJCAL 1?
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
If you have time, leave the capital and visit Segovia, Toledo or Avila. This is not an anti-Madrid comment, as I love the place, but for historical buildings and atmosphere these small cities are a better bet. Otherwise try and sample a Latin music night, for instance in the Cuban cafe halfway down Calle Espoz y Mina. (I'm sure others can give you more suggestions).
Have Fun!

#6219 - 11/15/03 08:59 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal TIJCAL 1?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hester, you should be able to find a number of reviews of Hostal T.I.J.C.A.L. by performing a SEARCH using the SEARCH link in the upper righthand corner and simply typing TIJCAL as your keyword. I know that member Chica has stayed there and she has reviewed it too. Can't beat the location, that's for sure - right next to the Plaza Mayor. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments