Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#62150 - 05/16/02 09:17 AM Los Ricos: Wealthiest Cities in Europe
LostInMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I just noticed this snippet in my daily news email. Madrid is #4 and Barcelona #9 on the list of the wealthiest European cities. Combined, they still don't match the wealth of London, however:

With a gross domestic product of 158 billion ($232 billion) in 2001, London far outpaced its Western European rivals on a list of the region's biggest economies by Barclays Private Clients, a service of the international banking giant. Frankfurt led in GDP on a per-capita basis, with $68,000. The 10 European cities that generated the most wealth, and their GDP (in billions), according to Barclays:

1. London $232
2. Paris 130
3. Milan, Italy 108
4. Madrid 96
5. Rome 85
6. Berlin 72
7. Hamburg, Germany 67
8. Munich, Germany 66
9. Barcelona, Spain 63
10. Stockholm 54

Agence France-Presse/ The Guardian

-Russ

#62151 - 05/17/02 10:08 AM Re: Los Ricos: Wealthiest Cities in Europe
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Are you a Papa yet, LiM???? Or do we need a thread titled Russ's Great Day or something wink

#62152 - 05/17/02 10:13 AM Re: Los Ricos: Wealthiest Cities in Europe
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Puna! Where have you been?? wink THERE IS already a thread entitled " Lost in Madrid\'s BABY???

Hopefully LiM will be following up on that thread.. his wife's already past due so maybe TODAY was THE day!!?? I can't wait to hear about it.

Regarding Europe's wealthiest cities, of the two Spanish cities listed, it would APPEAR to the eye that Barcelona would have that title as the wealthiest. Afterall, it looks so... ummm.. FRENCH! ARGH!! THERE! I SAID IT!! heheehe... wink

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#62153 - 05/17/02 10:30 AM Re: Los Ricos: Wealthiest Cities in Europe
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
LiM's wife is only 4 days overdue...But I can't wait to find out when the BIG day will be...

Russ, are they talking about induction at all?

Wyndyl laugh

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments