Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#62078 - 05/05/02 04:55 PM Summer Travel Plans?
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
So... the summer is almost here. What's everyone doing? I'm planning (more like hoping) to go to Seville for a three week advanced spanish course... with trips to madrid every weekend. Will anyone else be in Spain or are you venturing to other parts of the world?

roses

#62079 - 05/05/02 07:07 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
With two trips to Spain in the past 5 months I expect to be right here in good ol' Columbus, Ohio. There is a chance, however, that I'll take a 4 (or 5) day weekend to Canada in August to escape the heat of the midwest. Wish I could go back to Galicia or visit Cantabria. Hmmm...

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#62080 - 05/05/02 08:40 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I wish I could make it to Spain too...but we're staying here in Minnesota for most of the summer (with a five-day trip "up north" to "the lake"). Then, in August, when it's starting to get bearable here again, we're going to (1) New Jersey (lovely romantic Newark-by-the-bay, and via train no less) and to (2) Florida (because it won't be HOT ENOUGH in NJ!!). Disney in August with a 5-year-old--I must be a masochist.

Ugh! Why won't my family move to Spain so I can visit them THERE??

#62081 - 05/05/02 08:53 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
gsobotta Offline

Loc: Novi, MIchigan, USA
Summer plans! I wish I could spend sometime at home.

I leave for Boston in 2 weeks for my daughter’s graduation. The first week in June I have to travel to Cincinnati, then Dallas for a week right after Father’s day. My wife and I will be spending our vacation this August in New England ending up in Boston again to bring my daughter home.

Next time in Spain? It looks like my wife and I will return next spring. She has business in Madrid, and then we will travel to the north. I have no itinerary, so I am open to suggestions.

#62082 - 05/05/02 09:41 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I leave for Spain in less than a week!!! I will spend the summer in Bilbao, studying at Universidad de Deusto (with trips to Madrid, Barcelona, etc during time off from class). I can't wait laugh I am sure I will return with lots of stories and info to share. Hope everybody has a great summer!! cool

#62083 - 05/05/02 11:14 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
I'm going to the Yuchatan in June. And I'm staying in Valladolid! Actually it is suppose to be rather charming...which I can't say Valladolid in Spain was very special. I keep seeing Spanish names of towns mixed in with the Mayan ones as I plan my trip and it makes me nostaligic for Spain!
Also...I'm in NYC often for business and I see that Pipa has outside dining. We should try to plan something.

#62084 - 05/07/02 11:56 AM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
I guess I'll get traditional (agost)vacations, I'll be in the city on July.

#62085 - 05/07/02 12:32 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
Rafael Offline

Loc: Riverside, California, USA
I am flying to London on May 22nd. then Paris, Amsterdam, Copenhagen. and one week in Madrid and Andalucia. will be flying back to Los Angeles on June 16th.
I wonder if there is going to be any meeting or party in Madrid the second week of June.

Rafael

#62086 - 05/07/02 04:55 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
CANADA? CANADA?? Ein? What are you going to do, look at geese? Put that money where it belongs into Iberia.com and get back to Spain.

#62087 - 05/08/02 05:24 AM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Would you believe Ireland? eek
I'm leaving in mid-May for 2-weeks in the Emerald Isle - golfing, etc. rolleyes
Later in the Summer or early Autumn I may try to take a trip to Spain. cool
Last year I met a young couple from Spain on the Tralee-Limerick BusEireann: from Murcia and in Ireland for the cool summer weather. They were stunned when I began speaking to them in Spanish ... eek

#62088 - 05/08/02 09:38 AM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
SRedw Offline

Hello all,

I will be in Spain from June 3 - June 27. Would anyone like to meet during those times? I so, send me an E-mail.

Thanks,

Shawn
pr4552@yahoo.com

#62089 - 05/08/02 11:00 AM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
Chicagoan Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I am going to Greece for 3 weeks! half the time with my boyfriend, then I have the other half to myself. Taking 3 weeks in a row is a BIG no-no in my company but I'm an overworked girl and I do get the paid vacation time so I'm going to do it anyway. That's why I envy Europeans - a lot of them get a month off at once! 13 days and counting...

Maybe over Thanksgiving I'll do Barcelona and northern Spain.

#62090 - 05/08/02 11:22 AM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Chicagoan, you're right about vacation times being too short--I'll vote for any political candidate who will propose legislation to give American workers 4-6 weeks of vacation a year!!!!!! We're so far behind the rest of the world in recognizing that worker productivity is not destroyed by giving workers time to recharge their batteries!

#62091 - 05/08/02 01:37 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
roses Offline

I'm planning on going to Madrid in August... I haven't been to Europe during this month. What can I expect for the weather. Last summer, I was dying when it was an unbelievable 103 degrees! :o By the way, this really isn't my first post... confused I lost my status also, I've been demoted to junior member... Madridman, is there anything you can do to bring back my old account with my private messages???? frown

#62092 - 05/08/02 03:41 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
Roses, even though statistics say that July is the warmest month, I can't give you hope: August will be warm (specially the first half) and warm means from 28-40ºC during the day. My approach solution: sleep the day, switch into nightlife...

#62093 - 05/09/02 04:21 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Tara and Chicagoan, I echo your sentiments about the vacation time, or lack thereof! Being in Spain for 11 days! 11 days! eek GAWD! I had an awesome time, rolleyes but wished I could have extended it for a another week or two! In my dreams, right?

Summer travel plans? Minnesota for a week and a half, maybe visit Austin, TX and San Diego, CA. Who knows? I sense lots of travel in my near future....Maybe Spain for a few days? eek

Wyndyl wink

#62094 - 05/09/02 06:38 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
Lizziee Offline

Loc: Scotland
Summer in home town of Edinburgh (festival hell rolleyes ) and then week somewhere cheap and hot.

But in November - MADRID laugh laugh laugh

#62095 - 05/09/02 07:22 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
My husband and I both happen to be teachers, so we take the summer off. We are house exchanging (again) in Biarritz (2 weeks, much of which will be spent in the Spanish Basque country, in addition to the French side) and 3 weeks in Pechon, near Santander. A few days here and there in Madrid and Bilbao. Yeah, I can't wait.......This will be our third visit to Spain, and, like the rest of you, we wish we could live there for a while....

#62096 - 05/09/02 07:36 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I'm spending the summer right here in sunny San Diego. My sister's wedding messed up my June Spain travel plans. My hubby's going home (Madrid) for a quick visit with his family in July, and then in December we are both going!!!
This time has been a really long wait for me to get back (a year and a half), only 8 more long, agonizing months of waiting to return.

#62097 - 05/09/02 09:13 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Back to Spain for 17 days in September (end of summer but can't wait laugh ).

This times it's Barcelona and the remainder of Northern Spain (less Galicia since I just got back) including Burgos and Leon.

#62098 - 05/09/02 09:52 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

wyndyl, maybe we can catch up with each other if you come through the Twin Cities this summer! E-mail me directly if you think you'll be around and maybe we can plan to meet!

#62099 - 05/14/02 08:32 AM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
roses Offline

wow, everyone has great summer plans. and to spend the summer in biarritz, bilbao, etc... well, i'm jealous wink

i wish i had more vacation time... 2 weeks, it's just not enough! i wish i could be 20 again, i would have spent my entire summers abroad.

roses

#62100 - 05/13/06 04:43 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Just thought it might be time to revive this thread. What are your summer travel plans? I'm delighted to be returning to Spain this summer. :jump: We'll have just one night in Madrid, then we'll be near Malaga, where we've never been before. Yes, I know, it will be crowded and touristy, but, it's still Spain, and we plan to take lots of little road trips into the smaller villages. We're also heading to the south of France,(driving) so we'll try to see Figueres and/or Girona as well. I'm soooo thrilled! My only regret is that we won't be near Galicia at all, and I don't know how I'll live without Pimientos de Padron!

#62101 - 05/13/06 10:42 PM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
I just received a two-week Spanish-language study grant at the University of Burgos through Instituto Cervantes in New York and am trying to work out the exact dates with the school. Afterward I've been invited by a friend to visit him at his home in Gata de Gorgos, a small town not far from the beach between Valencia and Alicante. I'd love to spend a week or two there and practice my Spanish with all my friend's neighbors.

#62102 - 05/14/06 12:13 AM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
In about 10 days, I'm off to Italy for a conference. I start in Genova, 4 days, then after the conference, over to Torino for 3. When Torino is finished, my husband and I are off to his home town, Casacalenda (Molise). We'll be there for a week then for 5 days we'll be in Rome.

Once back in the States, we head north to Vermont where I'll be teaching in the Middlebury Program this summer, although I'll be teaching an Italian grad course (not bad for a person who has her degrees in Spanish)!

I am interested, for next year, in a program that gets me back to Spain...

Sheryl

#62103 - 05/15/06 08:25 AM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
You are all lucky people because I do not travel in the summer months.

So I going to stay home in boring New York City with nothing to do. YEAH RIGHT!

Bill

#62104 - 05/15/06 09:01 AM Re: Summer Travel Plans?
Gretchen6 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
This year Spain is coming to me.....a family of four from Ciudad Real for one month (gotta love those European vacations) smile The two children are ages 15 and 11. It is their first time in the United States and we plan to show them a great time. Next year it will be my turn again...hopefully return to Spain and I am currently planning a trip to Peru.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments