Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#61772 - 04/08/02 09:28 AM Re: Need advice!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Once when I was working for UPS here in Madrid I had a new colleague whose parents were Spanish but had lived in Australia for most of her life. We were handling all sorts of problems in what's called "the exception department", and one time I heard her talk to a customer over the phone asking over and over: '¿es perezoso?,....pero, ¿es perezoso?'(is it lazy?); I finally decided to intervene, in case I could help her....Well, it turns out there had been some problem with a shipment containing tubes of incredibly valuable bulls' sperm!, so she meant to find out whether it was a perishable good, but she was asking if the sperm was lazy!!! It was hilarious!!! (The right word would have been 'perecedero') laugh

#61773 - 04/16/02 05:26 PM Re: Need advice!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sooooo.. What happened with this, TheHype08? I don't suppose you're visiting the message board while you're in Madrid, but am curious how you solved your communication problem before going.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1580 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments