Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#61539 - 10/30/05 03:31 PM Rain! Yeah!!
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I'm really sorry for those of you who are visiting Spain these days and were hoping for better weather, but this is wonderful news for the country. We've still got a long way to go, but considering in September they were forecasting a dry autumn, this is very encouraging. ¡Por fin!

#61540 - 10/30/05 07:48 PM Re: Rain! Yeah!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
My ladyfriend told me just tonight that it was "raining cats and dogs" in Madrid and has been raining throughout Spain for days! That IS GREAT NEWS!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#61541 - 10/31/05 05:48 AM Re: Rain! Yeah!!
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Great news, but not enough, by far.
October has been rainy, slightly above the average, but what was needed was twice or three times more.
And it's one of the warmest October months ever. Something is wrong.

#61542 - 10/31/05 06:07 AM Re: Rain! Yeah!!
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

You're absolutely right deibid. Plus, there's always the fear that people will relax thinking that the drought is over, and it's not!! It's been so long since we've have a good streak of rain that it will take a long time before we catch up.

But at this point any rain is good news, and it's been pretty steady over the last few weeks (unfortunately most of it has been on the weekends!! frown ). This time of year is when it should rain, and if it hadn't we would have been worse off.

Let's hope it it keeps going! In fact, let's pray!

#61543 - 11/01/05 07:06 AM Re: Rain! Yeah!!
sdavidr Offline

Loc: Barcelona
Last week I visited the main source of water in the province of Barcelona, in Sau Valley.

The reservoir, officially opened in 1962, changed the appearance of the valley. The town of Sant Romà disappeared under the water and only the bell tower is visible above the surface when the water level is normal. I have posted two old pictures when the drought was not a problem in the good times and one that I made in the visit last week. I hope you see why the situation is so serious. I hope this rain could help a little frown

Old Photos
--------------------------------------

Nowadays...
-----------------------------------

#61544 - 11/01/05 07:14 AM Re: Rain! Yeah!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow..... incredible, sdavidr. Thanks for those photos. Do you have any of the level at which the water is now?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#61545 - 11/01/05 08:18 AM Re: Rain! Yeah!!
sdavidr Offline

Loc: Barcelona
The reservoir is almost empty. We need rain over winter and spring so we don't have to introduce restrictions. The building in the first picture is the Parador Nacional de Vic-Sau

#61546 - 11/02/05 02:29 PM Re: Rain! Yeah!!
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

The nowaday pictures haven't through on my computer for some reason, but just as well. I'd probably get depressed. But I've seen similar comparisons...in September I was out by the Buendía Resrvoir in Cuenca and it was shocking. The land around was even worse. The earth was white. It looked like Murcia in July.

Thanks for the pix, sdavidr!

#61547 - 11/10/05 06:28 AM Re: Rain! Yeah!!
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
UPDATE: after some dry and cold days , the rain and the SNOW is returning to ALL the country. VERY good news.
And one important thing: the mountains that are the main suply for Madrid are dressed in white. AT LAST!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2431 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments