Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#61534 - 02/27/02 09:27 PM flamenco lessons in Madrid?
lindarothrock Offline

Does anyone know where I can get a few flamenco lessons while I am in Madrid? I will only be there a few days. Thanks.

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#61535 - 02/27/02 10:08 PM Re: flamenco lessons in Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi there, lindarothrock! Welcome to the group!

I think we have THE PERFECT person to tell you all about this (well, there may well be others too). Oh missmadrid98!!! WHERE ARE YOU???!?!!! wink

You see, lindatorhrock, missmadrid98, a Californian, is currently working in Madrid and also studying flamenco! However... and sadly, we haven't seen... <sniff!> frown ... we haven't had the pleasure of .... <sniff!!> Well... <ahem! Hmmm...> Hopefully she'll be able to fill you in on this one.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#61536 - 02/27/02 11:00 PM Re: flamenco lessons in Madrid?
ebetancourt Offline

Loc: Tennessee
OK, I am not missmadrid, but last summer when we spent three weeks in Guadarrama with our daughter and granddaughters (5 & 8) they took Sevillanas lessons with Raquel Quijano. I asked the 8 year old what she enjoyed the most about her trip to Spain night before last and the dance lessons were way up there. I contacted Raquel via e-mail before the trip and she reponded, we called after arrival and the girls loved it. (The five year old remembers "trucha a la Segoviana" at "el Bernaardino" (Segovia) but that's another story)
http://www.geocities.com/flamencopure/

Has all of the info you will need.

ernie

#61537 - 03/21/02 07:06 AM Re: flamenco lessons in Madrid?
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
HIIIIIIIII here i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amor de Dios is teh place you want to go to. They have teh best teachers in Madrid. e-mail directly and i´ll give you all the info you need. i just need i little more detail on what you want and what you are looking for!

#61538 - 03/21/02 10:52 AM Re: flamenco lessons in Madrid?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
If you're there the week before Pentecost Sunday (May 15 - 19) you're probably out of luck. Many of the Flamenco teachers will be on their annual pilgrimage: Romeria de la Virgen del Rocio (aka feria del Campo) in Huelva. And in September, the biennal Festival de Flamenco takes place in Sevilla. rolleyes
We were there in September, '00 so I think it's back again this year. cool

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments