Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#61460 - 02/19/02 03:00 PM Best time to visit southern Spain?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
I can't get Spain out of my mind! We did Madrid and north in late September/early October. When is the best time to visit the south? (Again, I'm sure we'll want to include Madrid.)

#61461 - 02/19/02 03:16 PM Re: Best time to visit southern Spain?
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Although Spain is wonderful year round, I would say it is an amazing place to be in the spring time. In the south there are many festivals and ferias in the spring that can't be beat. I'd say try April or May.

BK smile

#61462 - 02/19/02 04:40 PM Re: Best time to visit southern Spain?
Tia Offline

I visited Andalucía (Granada, Córdoba, Ronda) in May (last week of the month) last year and I think I couldn´t have chosen a better time. Everything was so green and all the flowers were blooming. It was really BEAUTIFUL! One more advantage is that the temperature is still very pleasent compared with July/August, the main tourist season.

#61463 - 02/19/02 11:02 PM Re: Best time to visit southern Spain?
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Obvious answer: Any time you can. laugh
Seriously, though, I, too, went to southern Spain in mid-May (2000), and thought it a great time to visit: nice weather and not yet the high tourist season. So, I agree with Tia, la Finlandesa Bonita wink

#61464 - 02/20/02 05:01 AM Re: Best time to visit southern Spain?
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Ah, to be in Andalucia now that Spring is here! That is the best time without doubt, unless you want to spend all day at the beach, or want warm nights. And, apart from around Easter itself, it's not even busy. I got married 4 years ago in Malaga in mid-April. My wife and I paid for the wedding and after that we had no money left. So for our "honeymoon" trip we caught a slow bus to Ronda, carrying bocadillos made with my ma-in-law's tortilla. We stayed at a cheap hostal, and spent a few days days walking in the countryside around Ronda. The weather was wonderful, the fields and roadsides carpeted in flowers, and everything enveloped in this marvellous golden light. I remember a siesta in the shade of an olive tree, looking across the fields to the Tajo of Ronda in the distance, thinking this is as near to paradise as I'll get in this life.

Well, I'm starting to ramble, but you get the picture!

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: El Boqueron ]

#61465 - 02/20/02 03:24 PM Re: Best time to visit southern Spain?
Tia Offline

And if you´re not convinced yet... here´s a link to my album with some pics from the trip.
Andalucía

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: Tia ]

#61466 - 02/21/02 10:48 AM Re: Best time to visit southern Spain?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Consider me convinced! It's been years since we've visited the south and always later in the year (September, October, November). Since we have some other "obligations" for this year (trip to Hawaii for a wedding), we will put Spain on hold and hope to visit Andalucia, etc. next spring, perhaps April or May. Although we have a big anniversary coming up this April, I don't see any way to spend it in Spain (unless the airlines start giving away tickets)!

#61467 - 02/21/02 02:25 PM Re: Best time to visit southern Spain?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Tia, I loved your pictures. thanks for sharing them with us! Carol, I hope you have a wonderful trip. I am so envious!

#61468 - 02/22/02 06:27 AM Re: Best time to visit southern Spain?
cubatex Offline

Loc: Middle East
Been in Anadalucia in various times of the year, February, May, June and in August. I enjoyed all times but May may be the best ambient temperatures. Forget jumping in the Med in May though.

cubatex

#61469 - 02/22/02 02:40 PM Re: Best time to visit southern Spain?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Well, I'll work on plans for next May but it seems SO far away! Please, if anyone sees cheap fares from SFO to MAD, let me know. I try to watch for them but sometimes there's a last minute deal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments