Hi Wolf, I don't know if you have understand it OK, it doesn't talks about conspiracy against Spanish or anything like that...
It jus present the bad treatment as an isolated action, that perhaps happens more often, but it's a new just this time because it happenned to Spanish famous person. They also complain about the procedure because when a foreigner is captured they must tell to the consulate, and talks about the official complainings and investigations that will take place. Only the opinion in the last two parragraphs prejudges Americans and is out of place, it's by the responsable of Esternal Politic of the third national wide political party (although they have a very small representation in the parlament).
What I wanted to show with this link is that these things happens everywhere, probably much more times than we know, and probably they will be only punished when it become a new. Of course they should be punished always, but incidents like these shouldn't affect the relation between two countries, in my point of view.