Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#61333 - 01/22/02 11:46 AM Electronic Dictionary
jllawson Offline

Loc: Boise, ID US
I use a hand held PDA(HP-Jornada)and would like to have some feedback from anyone who has tried a electronic dictionary product and had positive results...

#61334 - 02/15/02 06:31 PM Re: Electronic Dictionary
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I use a PDA (Handspring Visor) as well and have been looking for a free download for a bilingual dictionary. Does anyone know of one?

I highly recommend downloading the METRO software and installing all the great metro and cercanías maps in your PDA. There are listings for Barcelona, Madrid, Bilbao (I think) and Valencia. It´s absolutely indispensible and fairly accurate (as far as length of trips are concerned)

#61335 - 02/15/02 08:17 PM Re: Electronic Dictionary
LostInMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi,

My wife and I have used our Palms religiously over the past couple years for English-to-Spanish reference. The best dictionary I've found is from HarperCollins available here: http://www.palmtop.nl/palm/collinsf.html
It has 110,000 translations and is available for Palm, Symbian and WindowsCE platforms. (That's geek-talk for "it should run on your Jornada"). It's well worth it's $35 price.

Another dictionary tool I like a lot is for when I'm using my computer and I just need a dictionary. It's from UltraLingua.com and it's very good too. Simple and fast just like the Collins dictionary, except it's on your desktop. It's also about $30.

There are other dictionaries out there for the Palm... but the size of this dictionary beats all the others hands down. I wish it had more words even, but it's pretty great. Note that if you're a Palm user, you'll need to have at least 2.5 megs free for memory to install both English and Spanish translations - otherwise you can only install one side.

-Russ

#61336 - 02/16/02 10:14 AM Re: Electronic Dictionary
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
LostinMadrid - Welcome back! Sounds as if things are going better for you - that's great.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments