Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#61048 - 11/27/01 04:54 PM Re: Shoot it...
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Churrocaliente: GULP! :o eek cool wink (blush!)

You have some good ideas on how to make web pages with thumbnails. Ahhh.. This will have to be on the ol' "MadridMan's Spain-Related Websites" project board. The darn board is FULL as it is! I'd love to make a place, like Club Photo, where everyone could upload their favorite Spain photos for free. Ahhh.. Projects!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#61049 - 11/27/01 07:24 PM Re: Shoot it...
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
Gosh MM, I agree with Wolf, wouldn't it better to take the expense and burden away from you? How many hours in the day are there in Ohio? And this with a day job? (I think?) Holy chorizo, that is remarkable! Anyway, I think I speak for all of us -- your site and dedication is truly appreciated. smile

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#61050 - 11/27/01 11:14 PM Re: Shoot it...
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
And churrocaliente, that gets us back to the always fascinating question: what DOES MadridMan do as his "day job"? Maybe we should scour the postings on the board for clues, and pay careful attention to when he's online and posting, and figure it out!

I, for one, am curious. He writes well and gets irked at himself for misspellings, so maybe he's a high-school English teacher. But then when would he have time for grading, with all the time on the board?

Anyway, I know this has been brought up before, and it's not related to this thread, really...just silly babbling before heading off to bed here in snowy Minnesota!!

What does MM do?

Hmmm...will we ever find out?

smile

#61051 - 11/28/01 12:14 AM Re: Shoot it...
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

HOLY CHORIZO, MADRIDMAN!! Hahahahaa... laugh

Doesn't Yahoo still "house" photos? There's always www.ClubPhoto.com , but they only host for 6-12 months max and then you have to pay.

As for what I do as my "Day Job", I really can't/shouldn't say. Let's just say it's NOT a high-level job at all (in fact, sadly, I'm at the bottom in my office, but TRYING to move up), but is rather flexible (it would HAVE to be for as much as I like to travel), have a GREAT boss whom I consider a very good friend, and blah blah blah... I can't think of a more boring topic, really. rolleyes hehhee.. I suppose you MIGHT (but doubt it) find a few more clues on the " All About MadridMan " bio page.

NOW! Back to MUCH more interesting topics about Spain..... Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#61052 - 11/28/01 06:49 PM Re: Shoot it...
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi everyone, on the subject of digital cameras and uploading photo's to a free site, it's a great idea. I am sure many members will give this a try. I have just bought one of these cameras and am just getting used to it and printing off photo's, I have noticed that the file size for just one is really huge, so will go with the advice given on a lower quality print. As I will be in Barcelona next week I will take a few photo's of the most interesting sites and try to post them onto this free site to see if it works. Watch out for my next post on the subject.
Sue.

#61053 - 11/28/01 08:13 PM Re: Shoot it...
churrocaliente Offline

Hi Suepycroft,

Another thing to keep in mind is that the larger the file size, the less images you can store either in your camera or the disk that you insert in the camera.

If any software came with your camera, you might be able to save your images at a lower resolution or for "email" usage, which is just fine for posting onto the web. This way you can still shoot at a higher res, but "save as" at a lower.

Looking forward to seeing your pix! Have a wonderful time in Barcelona!

Churrito

#61054 - 11/29/01 10:55 AM Re: Shoot it...
churrocaliente Offline

Not to digress from the subject of Spain, but one last thing ...

taravb, does the phrase "international man of mystery" ring a bell? cool

#61055 - 11/29/01 02:33 PM Re: Shoot it...
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Yes, churrocaliente, I think our very own MadridMan may be living a DOUBLE LIFE as a groovy, swinging agent for the British intelligence service!

Shagadelic!
Tara smile

#61056 - 11/29/01 02:47 PM Re: Shoot it...
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

OH COME ON!! :o (I think I'm REALLY blushing!)

#61057 - 11/29/01 02:59 PM Re: Shoot it...
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Ladies..... come on now! We all know MadridMan went to Ohio State University. He also refers to "vacations" as taking "leave." That eliminates a lot of jobs, don't it?

Now we're left with military (can't be right, or he wouldn't have referred to the person he works for as his "boss.") and basically government, where they are granted up to 30 days leave... hmmmmm! Tell you anything? Federal government not state or local, boss, not "Colonel," or anything like that, so... we now know he's a civil servant.

Let's see... online nights only... a day job for sure. Doesn't own a shirt.. poor paying job for sure... wink Then there's the ubiquitos tone of what he says.

I got it! He's a janitor at the post office! That would fit right in with his degree from OSU, which is the "hated enemy" of my alma mater... University of Wisconsin! laugh

Wolf (Who thinks he really knows, but ain't telling nobody! :p )

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments