Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#60972 - 11/15/01 06:44 AM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Yes Puna, one's smalls are very different from the latex stuff mentioned in another thread laugh and also the pedal pusher type things - can't remember the name now - which took up a lot of lines on this board in the summer! rolleyes

I think the best person to ask is Jo-Anne, because a friend of hers in her village spent his entire life trying to catch a glimpse of another villager's smalls eek Just ask her about Norah Batty wink

Just to put the record straight here, Puna, I have to say that me trying to ice skate would be to imagine a teetotal Wolf playing cricket, then croquet and afterwards nibbling cucumber sandwiches (with crusts taken off) and then accompanying Andrew Lloyd-Webber to the opera. (A vision just came into my mind that when we do finally meet Wolf, he will be just like Frasier Crane's brother Nials.... How bizarre!) Anyway, I'm rambling... it was Mrs Anchovy who skated on Frog Pond to a background of classical music, while I sipped me hot chocolate, content to watch and admire the beautiful scene in front of my eyes. Ahh, what a place. People of the board... forget Spain....GO TO BOSTON!! It's great!!

By the way, to link up with this thread again, we are freezing our derrieres off here again with storm warnings and snow on the way!!! Hope it blows over by the time you get to Madrid, MM!!!

Oh, and Booklady, you are getting me some very strange looks when I ask people if they have checked their wooly worms and if there seems to be more stored nuts lying around this year! confused

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: Anchovy Front ]

#60973 - 11/15/01 09:26 AM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Anchovy,

Niles? My Gawd! What a horrible thought! If I was like that little wimp I would have went in and had myself fixed so I couldn't reproduce... eek

I'm more like Niles & Frazier's Father. He's the one who has class... wink

But, I do like cucumber sandwiches on Jewish rye, and wouldn't mind attending a concert with Andrew Lloyd-Webber. He's done some great stuff, and anyway, even if I slept through half the concert, it would be afterwards, when the party started, that I'd be in my native environment... smile

Cricket? I watched it on TV a couple of times. It worked perfect for me. I fell asleep within ten minutes both times, and got in a good nap. When I woke up, hours later, they were still right where they were in the game... as if nothing had happened... rolleyes

Wolf (Who doesn't have many ballerina steps left in him either...)

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#60974 - 11/15/01 09:49 AM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Don't forget, though Wolf, Niles did get the lovely Daphne ! But don't worry, I had you worked out as Martin Crane a long time ago! Or was it Eddie ...... his dog, I mean, not our own wonderful MadridMan Eddie, who can be seen in glorious colo(u)r with girls and Guinness on another thread I saw yesterday! (Nice one Eddie! Love the photos)

Clinging to this thread, in the vain hope that MM doesn't kick us off for digressing on a cold and slow day, check out the latest forecast for Madrid... http://eltiempo.ole.es/prevision/SP/Madridf.html As you can see, it's getting warmer cool

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#60975 - 11/17/01 10:16 AM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
OK - AF's lovely wife will teach him to ice skate (or is prop up and drag a better discription?), Wolf will join us and out-skate us all and Jo-Anne will bring her daughter and we can all play in the snow in Spain! The heck to Boston!

And I still want to know what smalls are - anyone???? laugh

#60976 - 11/17/01 11:05 AM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Tia Offline

Puna, in Spanish they are called "paños menores". wink Do you know it now or do I have to say it out loud eek ? Tia

#60977 - 11/17/01 11:11 AM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
:o :o :o Ooops.
thanks Tia!

#60978 - 11/18/01 12:10 PM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Heya Wolf & CB-

Jus' wanted ta letcha know we're breakin' out da barbecue fer Tanksgivin' again dis year. Put tha bird out jus' befer kickoff of da Lions game, check on it at halftime, then agin jus befer da Cowboys' game, then pull it in at halftime a dat game. Also, dem Illini is playin on Turkey day, too! Only ting is, its so warm 'round here, fer the season 'n all. I mean, it'll be in the 40's (f) on Tanksgivin, fer cryinoutloud. Makes it feel like da Fourth 'o' July, dontcha know... laugh

#60979 - 11/19/01 08:20 AM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Wolf Offline

Hey der Kurt!

You got one o dem six legged birds like ol John Madden got for da feast? Dos are hard to find ya know. Only der yoopers got dem from what I been told. You gotta smuggle dem out o der neck o da woods cuz dey don' like people noing dey got da nuklear dumps in da back yard, an da birds are pre-cooked by da radiation.

Ol Cali an I wood be by to eat mit you but der ain't no snow to run da snowmobiles on, an we can't be goin over da roads wit dem.

Anyway, my wife's birtday is da Monday followin' an I promised her we'd take an extra bath dis winter if we kin knock da ice off da big tub. laugh She says we may as well do it in da water after she uses it ta pluck da pin feathers of da bird before she cook it.

You guys in da big city got all da convenience. I hear your outhouse even in da house, an Olie tol' me you don' keep no Sears catalogs in da danged room. Goodness! You must be sufferin' sum.

Da wedder is getting colder dis week from what I been told. Now in dat place wear ol' Anchovy (da fishy guy) lives, dey won't even have out da long handles by den.

I jus' been listenin to da radio. I heard dat big hit song by Der Yoopers, "Turdy point Buck!", an it done put tears in my eyes. Is one of der more romantic tunes, aside from da best, "Grandma got ran over by a reindeer."

Well, gotta go slop da hogs, an milk da cows. Dose jobs never get down since ol' Granny got da gout, an sits aroun all day doin' nuttin,

Now you keep da shiny side of dat rusty Chevrolet you drive up til turkey day. We don' need no trips to da vet to get you fixed up!

Wolf (Who's beginning to realize that most of us midwesterners are either insane, or at least passing by on the four lane highway, near the nut houses.) rolleyes

#60980 - 11/19/01 03:02 PM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yo Kurt and Wolf, dere. Ovur da weeken I was up in dem dere Searz and Hancock Towers an got me a good view of dat' dere Soldier Field and United Center. Had me a good time in da city uh big shoulders. Jeez, you'd tink Michael was still playing for da bullz er someting. Did da Navy Pier, Da Field Museum, da Institute of Art of Chicaaago, and had me a good ol' time. And da best yet waz dat BOFE uh da Miss Teen Illinoiz AND Miss Illinoiz pageants were held in MY hotel ovr da weeken. Woo Hoo!! :p eek :o laugh :p

And wat great weather! No need for choppin' logs fer heat, but a fog screen might have been uzeful on Saturday. smile

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60981 - 11/19/01 03:54 PM Re: Start chopping those logs!!
Wolf Offline

Geez, MadridMan!

You missed da tour of da stock yards? Da number one show in da windy city? Nuttin better dan gettin in der among dem sweet smellin cattle ta clear da sinus cavity. wink

In da ol days you could have a good steak nearly off da hoof an in warm wedder (notice I stuck to the weather theme of this link - laugh ) youz could share yer food wit da flys which weighed about a pound or so each. It was one of da places dat really stood out in da city. You didn't need no stinkin map to get der. You jus follow your nose.

You did da Sears an Hancock. Geez! You waz so close to da creator you could see dem pearly gates and St. Peter. If ya look north from dere, you can nearly see ol Jake driving da logging truck up near da sawmill in da ooper peninsula, an dem 10,000 pot holes in Minnesoter dat dey call lakes.

Geez! Sounds like you had a super time. Did you try out dere indoor outhouse while you were dere? I heard dey got some wit more holes in dem dan dey do at da logging camp where ol Jake works.

Willikers! Two pageants in one weekend! Reminds me of da county fair when dey judge da cows & sows seperately. Was it someting like dat? Musta been quite a show wit dose pink ribbons roun' dere necks an all.

Did'ja go back to da sticks by stagecoach, horse-back, or one of dem fancy new contraptions wit an engine in it?

Wolf (Welcoming MadridMan to the asylum - eek )

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1582 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments