MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60900 - 10/24/01 07:10 AM Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Group. I wanted to notify you of a major slow-down on the server which carries MadridMan.com. They're telling me of upgrades taking place and things should be back to normal (or faster) by the end of tomorrow/Thursday, but that there may also be some outages (that MadridMan.com might NOT be accessible from time to time). Sorry for the problem and thanks for your patience.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60901 - 10/24/01 06:34 PM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi MM, I wondered why it took so long to reach the board today, thought it was my computer playing up!
Thanks.

#60902 - 10/24/01 09:08 PM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Yeah. Sorry about that. I'll be happy when tomorrow (Thursday) is finished. HOPEFULLY they'll have all their $#!+ together by then and we'll have a speedy server. :o

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60903 - 10/26/01 06:50 AM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

GRRRR!!! mad Clearly, they haven't fixed/updated the server yet. It's as slow as it has been for the whole week. rolleyes Don'tcha just HATE THAT???!! mad Sorry for the slow-down, people. Thanks for your patience. Have a nice weekend!

#60904 - 11/27/01 08:14 AM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

The webhost, not having any idea or any indication that the server is running like a turtle, has offered to move the site to a different server (same URL, of course) so let's hope that helps. Frustrating, huh? mad Sorry, people!

#60905 - 11/27/01 09:04 AM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
MadridMan,

Even though slow is frustrating, no board would be catastrophic. I'll take a slow MadridMan site over anyting else out here.

Of course, fast would be super cool.... laugh

Wolf (Whose patience quotient is improving.)

#60906 - 11/27/01 09:14 PM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Hi, MM--
I agree with Wolf...slow is better than nothing! You mentioned in another thread that you're changing over to RoadRunner, which I did recently too (and I thought that was what made the board seem slow--that zippy cable modem makes all the difference in the world after years of campus-based dialup!).

I just have to say that the amount of work you put in on this board is absolutely amazing (does your boss know you do this? smile ) and it's become a highlight of my day to check in (too many times, I am afraid) and see what's going on here. So THANK YOU, so very much, MadridMan, for bringing all of us together. I will happily twiddle my thumbs while pages load!!

Tara smile

#60907 - 12/15/01 11:24 PM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

It seems they have FINALLY moved the website to a newer/faster server. Does anyone/everyone notice an improvement?? They STILL need to correct the clock though. Sheesh!! rolleyes

#60908 - 12/16/01 12:06 AM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
MadridMan,

Yes! It does seem to be a quite a bit faster.

Thanks!

Wolf

#60909 - 01/03/02 10:05 PM Re: Slow/Problem Message Board/Server
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
What is happening?

The past two days the board has been unaccesible, and a few of the posts have disappeared. Are there internet gremlins at work, or has the web-host been acting up?

There were a few posts about New Years, a couple by yours truly, that have seemed to slip into a cyber-blackhole. I hope all has been cleared up, so we can once again revel in this great board.
Cheers!
Shawn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments