#60836 - 10/08/01 05:55 PM MMs chat room
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
No one appears to ever use it . Why not??? confused

#60837 - 10/08/01 06:45 PM Re: MMs chat room
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi mick nick! Few people use MadridMan's Chat Room . Some have tried, but failed miserably. hehehe.. Antonio and I have both tried to schedule chats for message board members, but few, if anyone shows up. Everyone has diverging schedules, I guess. What a shame.

You might take a look at the previous thread, " chat room " for more information.

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60838 - 10/08/01 07:51 PM Re: MMs chat room
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
What if you register an IRC channel?

You may do it at www.irc-hispano.org , which is the net for all spanish and hispanic channels.

Then you could put in your site a JAVA aplication for connecting yourself to the IRC without an IRC programm.

Fernando

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#60839 - 10/08/01 08:34 PM Re: MMs chat room
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
It's hit-or-miss, but I've "caught" MM in the "room", and have enjoyed the little chatting that goes on. By the way, all...no matter that you aren't chatting with him, MM always has nice things to say about everyone on this board (regardless of what Nicole says about you in private!). laugh

#60840 - 10/09/01 04:23 PM Re: MMs chat room
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Ha ha.. rolleyes

Don't believe a word he says MM

#60841 - 10/09/01 06:59 PM Re: MMs chat room
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hahhaa.. I usually DO only have good things to say about our esteemed message board members. I believe that if you don't have anything nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all. But seriously, you're all a great bunch of people and I'm happy you find a "home" here on the message board.

If anyone would like to "throw out" a date and time to chat in the chat room then by all means do it!!! laugh

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60842 - 10/09/01 11:37 PM Re: MMs chat room
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
That's not the same as the ICQ message thingie, right? I've tried that a few times, but I don't know if it's worked or not--or MM induced the 'if you don't have a nice thing to say, don't say anything at all' policy and ignored me!! rolleyes

I'd be up for chatting, maybe we could pick like a Sunday evening for the first one, that way the most people would probably be home. (I can't do this Sunday until later though, I have to go to a blasted TUPPERWARE party, instead of saving my pennies for my next Spain trip!!)

GranadaGirl (Who's spending all of her inheritance on air-tight food containers and air tickets to Spain...) eek

#60843 - 10/13/01 03:29 AM Re: MMs chat room
mick nick Offline

Ok Im going on at 10pm Uk time on Sunday14th of October.That would be around 5pm eastern seaboard time and you can work the rest out across the country.Be there or be square!

#60844 - 10/13/01 07:07 AM Re: MMs chat room
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

GranadaGirl, the ICQ pager box below the chat room applet alerts me of your presence in the chat room, but you have to remember to log yourself in too or no one will be in the chat room when/if I arrive - simply putting your name in the ICQ box doesn't log you into the chat room (I sense some people think it does because they send me the ICQ messages and when I get to the chatroom no one is there). Keep in mind that I'm not always online/available to chat so don't take offense if I don't arrive in the chat room. Happy Chatting!

[ 10-13-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#60845 - 10/15/01 03:52 AM Re: MMs chat room
mick nick Offline

Thanks to one and all who showed up in the chat room last night.Very interesting.I would never have guessed MM prefers ladies underwear! eek

#60846 - 10/15/01 05:38 AM Re: MMs chat room
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

eek eek confused WHAT????!!! confused eek eek heheheehe... I guess my secret is out. :o wink

#60847 - 10/15/01 03:38 PM Re: MMs chat room
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
mick nick,

It's the yellow ones MM prefers - did he mention Peru? eek eek

PS - used to live in Ossett and work in Wakefield! cool

Jo

#60848 - 10/15/01 05:45 PM Re: MMs chat room
mick nick Offline

The MM I was referring to was Marylin Monroe,but if the cap fits......... wink
I noticed the Holmfirth bit Jo Anne , small world eh?

#60849 - 10/15/01 09:12 PM Re: MMs chat room
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I would like to chat, mick nick, care to set up another time? If the last chat was as exciting as it sounds am I getting in over my head? wink I visited the chat room a few times and once got to talk to caminante, he was the only one who was there any of the times I checked.

#60850 - 10/16/01 07:46 PM Re: MMs chat room
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
I'd love to chat sometime too--here's hoping I figure out how to sign on correctly!! Keep us updated as to when you want to give it a shot!

GG smile

#60851 - 10/19/01 02:57 AM Re: MMs chat room
mick nick Offline

OK then,how about Sunday again about 10.30 Uk time so about 5.30pm est.If all three of us get on,thatll be two more than last Sunday! laugh

#60852 - 10/19/01 04:02 PM Re: MMs chat room
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
I´m flying back to New York from Madrid Saturday night. If I´m not totally wasted from jet lag, I´ll try to join you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1564 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments