Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60831 - 10/08/01 06:42 AM what a response!!!!!
beckham Offline

Loc: ireland
Thanks to all for the response to my concerns on Puerta Del Sol. in reply some of you
Mick Nick - yes there are muggings/burgularies where I live, so much more than that as well, i have to sell my home for my own safety! thats what I didn't want was to go on hol and find I the same scenario!
Madridman- yes the spanish girl is from Madrid, when I told her where the hostal was, her face said it all! she said that there is alot of muggings and esp coming to x-mas it will be more often- she spoke English with me.
Booklady - what a fantastic idea? pampers?ridiculous - no way!!!what next?
GranadaGirl - the tip about the map is great !just printed a small sized map to fit in a newspaper or magazine
El Perrito- where is Suecia??is that the Swedish for Sweden/Stockholm??- will try to contact some US people if I can or any Irish too!
Puna - Will stay away from Lavapies! thanks for the tip!What a nice policeman too!thats a nice story
Arthurg - unfortunate what happened to that guy in mc Donalds- but most people wouldn't do what he did - leave a bag unattended in a public place - I wouldn't do that in my own city!
Thanks as well to Cailbasco, tiajohnna, jeffperez62 for their stories, advice and help - becks -
p.s- MADRIDMAN
I was a bit surprised to say the least to see you on the webcam with no shirt on!is there such a thing in the USA as being charged with " indecent exposure" wink laugh eek

#60832 - 10/08/01 06:48 AM Re: what a response!!!!!
Tia Offline

Beckham, Suecia is the Spanish word for Sweden. smile Tia

#60833 - 10/08/01 01:20 PM Re: what a response!!!!!
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Wouldnt stop at the Biarritz with that write up though!!!

#60834 - 10/10/01 02:24 PM Re: what a response!!!!!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Beckham - Please let me correct your understanding of what I wrote. :o

Lavapies has some charming spots plus some excellent restaurants - I didn't mean for you to avoid the area. It is just one of the areas where you do have to be a bit more alert. Do explore Lavapies - its just wiser to go with a friend.

#60835 - 10/11/01 06:16 AM Re: what a response!!!!!
el Perrito Offline

Loc: Suecia
Beckham

Sweden in Swedish is Sverige.

Lavapies daytime or in the evning is no problem, nighttime it's pretty dark but there is a great bar for flamenco music (not live music though)that I have been to a couple of times and left at 3-4 in the morning without any incidents. I wouldn't go alone though.

I might add that last time I was there Joaquin Cortez came through the door when we left. And of course there are other good bars and restaurants there too.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments