Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60790 - 09/13/01 09:04 AM Unable to leave for Spain
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Because of the recent tragedy, we are unable to leave for Spain this morning. Vacation trips seem a little frivolous at this point but we have done what little we can do (i.e. grieve) for those directly affected by these dastardly terrorist acts. We'll continue to check on airport status and hope that some semblance of normality returns.

#60791 - 09/13/01 09:33 AM Re: Unable to leave for Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
OH NO!! So sorry to hear this, Carole. Will the trip be postponed or cancelled? How will this affect your work/leave-request and hotel reservations?? All bets are OFF, I'd guess. That really is a shame. Not only are the families and friends of the victims suffering (this is, by far, the greatest tragedy known in modern history), but so is the rest of the world, many of which depend on tourism dollars.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60792 - 09/13/01 06:29 PM Re: Unable to leave for Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
¡Que lastima!
What with all your prior planning and work on these forums.
I hope your trip is just delayed and not cancelled. rolleyes

#60793 - 09/14/01 12:53 AM Re: Unable to leave for Spain
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

I realize that, in the scheme of things, our trip to Spain is rather trivial. But it is our second cancellation/postponement this year. The first because of health issues which I have worked so very hard to resolve and still have not overcome. (I'm returning in my next life as a "good" doctor.) I am so "broken" by the continued news of the lives lost in the terrorist attacks. But I refuse to give in to either the personal or (inter)national issues. Although I barely have the energy to make all of the cancellations and try to re-schedule this trip again, I am hoping that tomorrow will bring renewed strength and hope. Not just for me personally but for all of us.

#60794 - 09/14/01 08:57 PM Re: Unable to leave for Spain
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Carole--
I hope you can muster the strength to reschedule and enjoy your trip to Spain. Our lovely Spain is worth the effort, of course, and perhaps you'll find that your travels take on a whole new depth of meaning in the wake of these tragic events. Please don't let the horrid people who did this keep you from enjoying your travels to the fullest extent possible. That's what they wanted, I'm sure. So don't give in!
Tara

#60795 - 09/17/01 11:46 AM Re: Unable to leave for Spain
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

We haven't given up yet. We've re-scheduled the flights and I have been trying to change all of the hotel reservations. Unfortunately, some of our choices are not available for the alternate dates on such short notice. In addition, my husband has to re-arrange his work schedule. We should know by the end of the day whether or not we'll be leaving on Sunday or cancelling again . Thanks for your encouragement!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mah-g, Ricardo Mata
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1924 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments