Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60784 - 09/05/01 01:05 PM Illegal in España
jmp110372 Offline

Does anyone know....

If I over stay my three months in Spain on a regular passport (no Visa or nada), what happens when I leave through Immigration? How about when I return? Am I going to get arrested or fined going through Passport Control.

Thanks for your help

#60785 - 09/05/01 04:43 PM Re: Illegal in España
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
You'd better ask in your embassy in Spain or in the spanish embassy in your country. This is a delicate technical question smile

Fernando

#60786 - 09/05/01 06:28 PM Re: Illegal in España
nevado Offline

This has been discussed in other forums but I'll comment- It has been my experience that Spain will not be the problem (unless you get unlucky). Watch out for the ticket agents in the country you are leaving from to re-enter Spain. They may require you to have a ticket with onward travel from Spain to your country of origin (citizenship). If the problem should arise, purchasing a fully refundable ticket from Spain to your country (assuming USA) would solve the problem. England is usually pretty strict so I would suggest you either stay clear of the UK or be prepared to purchase a ticket (having a credit card available is a must).

#60787 - 09/05/01 08:33 PM Re: Illegal in España
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Since I plan to be in the same situation in the not-so-distant future, does anyone know what airlines often have fully refundable tickets, or which countries are not so strict to want a return ticket?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2447 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments