Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60764 - 08/31/01 05:53 PM Barcelona Here I come!!!
jeffperez62 Offline

Loc: connecticut USA
Leaving on tues. the 4th for 8 days in Barcelona and Madrid!!! Any last minute tips/info is welcome.

#60765 - 08/31/01 09:38 PM Re: Barcelona Here I come!!!
toddy Offline

Loc: USA
I have to say, after visiting Barcelona, it is the BEST city in Spain. I think Madridman should consider a Barca.com instead (just a joke Madridi)
But anyways, like any big cities, keep any eye on your pocket.
But Barcelona for me was like San Diego. (if you've ever been there)
Many people speak english, the harbour is beautiful, there is some cool nightlife, and people are up early in the morning jogging or going to work on their scooters. It's very much like Southern California; minus the scooters.
Las Ramblas is cool and CHEAP (from dollar standards)
However, the better music scene seems to be down the road (about 3hours)in Valencia. If you're into modern music, Valencia was the only place that really rocked in THEIR OWN STYLE. But I, as an American, felt most connected to the Catalans.(I know the Spaniards out there that are reading this are vomiting)Buuuuuut, I guess the best thing I like about Barcelona is that they really balance "Spanish" life and "American Business" life incredibly. You can eat both American AND Spanish fast food. (in Valencia too) Enjoy your stay and if you say this to everybody you will be their best friend: VISCA BARCA!!!!!!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments