MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#6075 - 06/01/05 06:03 PM Re: Galicia/Rias Bajas Suggestions
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I have actually never stayed there, though I have seen it and I do have some good friends who were there about three years ago. I remember their saying they liked it a lot. Anyway, here's a link to the site with all the info you need. http://www.mercedarios.com/index1.htm

The place is very pretty, as are the surroundings, and you're a stone's throw away from Pontevedra, Combarro, and quite close to San Xenxo, Portonovo, the Playa de La Lanzada, La Toja, etc.

From what I could tell, the rooms were pretty basic (they're not rustic, but are a bit monastic from the description!), but the picture looked nice enough. Plus it's got this great old library.

Let me know what you think.

#6076 - 06/02/05 07:21 PM Re: Galicia/Rias Bajas Suggestions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks everyone for their advice. I checked out the Hospederia del Monasterio de Poio, but it seems more like a place to go and meditate rather that for a "romantic weekend.' I'm sure it's okay for the people who want that kind of thing.

Also, my wife told me it's likely they have some kind of curfew and probably we won't be able to make any noise at night. For that, I think, only "2 bed" rooms are available. Oh well, I guess we will have to turn our attention elsewhere. I am going to start a thread for suggestions on where to stay in La Coruna. SFY, I know you stayed at the Hesperia A Coruna last year for an unbelievable rate, but this year, Travelocity only brings up a rate of 143euros a night plus VAT. That hotel looks like a winner, but at present too expensive.

RP

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments