MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#60739 - 08/30/01 10:34 AM Re: New Coke - Old Coke
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Being a non-soda drinker - they always seem to tast like an aluminium can and coat your tongue with goop .... I do occassionally have a coke in Spain and the taste is about 1000 times different. Lets hear it for the glass bottles and "old coke" !

#60740 - 08/30/01 11:10 AM Re: New Coke - Old Coke
Tia Offline

I don´t drink Coke that often either, but if I do - old or new - there must be a lemon slice in it and that makes a big difference.

#60741 - 08/30/01 12:30 PM Re: New Coke - Old Coke
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
WOW I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one who sees the difference! I MUCH prefer the Coke in Spain to the stuff here. I just thought it was my 'I love Spain' attitude coming out again, but turns out my very sophisticated taste buds did catch a difference!! smile

I ALWAYS get a lemon in it now too, especially when I'm drinking the Diet Coke. (Coca Cola Lite is much better than Diet Coke is here, I'm assuming for the same reason...)

GG

#60742 - 08/30/01 03:13 PM Re: New Coke - Old Coke
Jaime Offline

In the states I am a diet coke drinker and can't stand the regular stuff because it tastes as sweet as syrup and actually makes me thirstier. I was suprised that I became addicted to the reg. Coke in Spain. I think I liked it so much because I enjoy drinks in a bottle and think they taste better in general, the quantity is smaller so you don't make yourself sick off it, and the slice of lemon really gives it a great taste. When I got back home, I went to the grocery store bought some lemons and paid and arm and a leg for the little glass bottles of reg. coke. I wish the soda companies would offer bottled products again at a normal price. They do it for Latin America and Europe so I don't see why they can't here anymore. Any ideas?

#60743 - 09/05/01 09:11 AM Re: New Coke - Old Coke
Martin R.J. Cleaver Offline

Loc: Madrid
Well, in the UK the ingredients for Coke (but not diet coke) include an acid, which I think was phosphoric acid.

On Spanish cokes there is no mention of this...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1567 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments