MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60632 - 07/28/01 05:56 AM Nasty virus kept me away, but will report on return
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hi everyone!

I've been out of computer action for a while - a FUN-LOVE ( mad mad ) virus has completely taken over my PC.

We're off to Madrid and Cantabria on one week's time and will report on it all when we return.

I'm hoping to get the kids to give some input too.

Luckily I have printed off/saved most of my important documents, but can't get at all the helpful info I have been saving up from yuo all.

Until the end of August - adios.

Jo
(from the local library's free one hour internet access service! laugh laugh )

[ 07-28-2001: Message edited by: Jo-Anne ]

#60633 - 07/28/01 10:45 AM Re: Nasty virus kept me away, but will report on return
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Now that Jo-Anne is talking about computer viruses, I'll take the change to warn you all about the Sircam Worm. This is a kind of virus that spread itself by sending copies of it to all the e-mail addresses on your addresss book. It is very infectous and that's why it's been considered as a high risk virus at AVERT laboratories (Network Associates).

I have received quite a few copies of it in the past few days (3 copies today) so please, be very careful when opening an attached file you haven't requested and keep your anti-virus software updated.

[ 07-29-2001: Message edited by: Antonio ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2311 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments