Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60498 - 06/20/01 02:34 PM Classified Ad Forum: Needed or Not?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Who among you feel a classified ad forum on MadridMan's Spain Message Board could be useful/detrimental to current and future members/visitors of the message board?

Of course, this would be an ALL Spain classified ad forum just as this entire message board is dedicated to the country and to no particular city/region.

To me, the PROs would include given real-people a forum in which to list their personal apartments, personal services, and would allow visitors a way of finding what they want. If advertisements were allowed, visitors could seek out their services. I could transfer all self-promoting postings which were "illegally" posted in other forums to the Classified Ad forum and avoid hurting feelings when I deleted them.

CONs would include having a forum with possibly hundreds of advertisements and other clutter. It might invite a whole different "class" of members. (Class = persons with intentions different from our own)

I see from my fast list above that there are, to me, many more PROs than CONs, but I may be missing some. What do you all think? I value your input.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60499 - 06/20/01 03:08 PM Re: Classified Ad Forum: Needed or Not?
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
MadridMan: I say go for it. The pros outweigh the cons as far as I am concerned. It could provide some financial rewards for all your hard work & time spent helping. People are smart enough to weed thru any underhandedness and with you as a Sentinel guarding the gate against self-promotors I think it can only be a plus. My only suggestion is to keep it separate and well distincted as paid Ads. Good Luck to you MM. I see it as helpful. Bill Ski

#60500 - 06/20/01 03:24 PM Re: Classified Ad Forum: Needed or Not?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
billy ski, I'll take your comments under advisement. However, I don't expect any financial gain from the addition of a classified ad section. I imagine it as a place to post text-only information. Besides, not sure how I could turn it into revenue anyway.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60501 - 06/20/01 03:33 PM Re: Classified Ad Forum: Needed or Not?
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
I don't think advertising for a flatmate is a commercial venture - after all those advertising the room are not the landlords. In cases like this I think a post offering rented accomodation provides auseful service and at no financial gain or loss to anyone involved.

#60502 - 06/20/01 03:37 PM Re: Classified Ad Forum: Needed or Not?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
I don't think it's a bad idea, I mean if someone on this board has a piso to rent or a tv to sell that's no big deal.

I think the people here won't abuse it. Just keep the idiot spammers out!

#60503 - 06/20/01 03:42 PM Re: Classified Ad Forum: Needed or Not?
SusiLaGallega Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I also think that a classified ad forum is a good idea. Also, in this same classified ad, you could include all those threads from people looking for some companionship/friendship on their trips, as well as finding a home for the many posts re: MadridMan.com dinner get-togethers... I'm not quite sure how you would name a forum with all this in mind, but I thought I would share my idea, however far-fetched it may sound!!! smile laugh

#60504 - 06/20/01 04:35 PM Re: Classified Ad Forum: Needed or Not?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
I think it's a good idea. At least give it a try. Perhaps we can find some people who are interested in "home exchange" too.

#60505 - 06/20/01 04:54 PM Re: Classified Ad Forum: Needed or Not?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
"Do it...do it now"

[06-20-01: Message edited by: Arnold Schwarzenegger ]

#60506 - 06/20/01 06:23 PM Re: Classified Ad Forum: Needed or Not?
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I too think it a worthwhile idea, some of the suggestions already posted sound good ie friendship/company for trips. How would the section work? Would you screen all postings for content? Would a profile for every person posting an ad. be available?Would you insist a valid e-mail address be used in the ads.?
Sorry if I have posed a few questions for you, but I think they are valid. rolleyes

#60507 - 06/21/01 06:53 AM Re: Classified Ad Forum: Needed or Not?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
"Large chest for sale.....any takers ring blah blah" I think it's a smashing idea for somebody wanting to sell their furniture, etc, MM. However, you might not want to follow the lines of this section of classifieds from the Sur In English, which has a weekly free circulation of many thousands in southern Spain although I bet many MM members have already seen these whilst on holiday down here....... http://www.surinenglish.com/buscar.php eek :o rolleyes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2280 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments