Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6044 - 09/09/03 02:59 PM Family trip to Madrid
davids Offline

We are a family of 5 planning to be in Madrid during April 2004. We are looking for an apartment/hostal or even a camping bungalow close to the city. We hope to spend no more than 90 Euro a night. Any suggestions? Preferably it should be convinient to travel to Madrid -Toledo - Six Flags.
Thanks

#6045 - 09/09/03 06:20 PM Re: Family trip to Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi davids! Welcome to our little message board. smile

You might consider the man apartments listed on the MadridMan\'s Madrid Apartments page. ( click the link at left). Sleeping 5 in one apartment will no doubt will be tough but it is possible. I've seen a number of recommendations for the Apartamentos Jaén located in the Huertas neighborhood (MadridMan's favorite neighborhood in Madrid). I don't think Madrid has any "camping bungalows" either but maybe I'm wrong - haven't heard of any in my 8 years of research though.

Madrid (and Spain!) in April is just beautiful. You'll love it. Be sure to book early if you're there during Semana Santa!

Anyone else have suggestions for sleeping 5 persons for under 90 Euros per night? You could conceivably sleep 3 persons in one hostel room and the other 2 in another hostel room, easily for under 90 Euros per night. I know you could do it at Hostal López (in Huertas). I know they have one LARGE room with a double bed and two singles. I suppose they could put in a roll-away bed for an extra cost and you'd still be in WAY under 90 Euros per night. But.... you wouldn't have kitchen access though.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6046 - 09/10/03 03:31 PM Re: Family trip to Madrid
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
When you say 5, do you mean 2 adults and 3 kids? If so, are they young children or can you stay in 2 rooms?

I have stayed in Hostal Lopez with 2 children in a triple room on two occasions. The first time, we had a 'twin' size bed and what seemed to be a smaller than normal double bed. It was not pleasant. eek The second time we had the three twin beds that we had originally requested. The Hostal is well located with lively bars nearby.

I also stayed at the Hostal Chelo and I found it to be very pleasant. I did not see their other rooms, but mine was great. It is very close to the Gran Vía Metro stop and because of this, I found its location to be better than Hostal Lopez for my needs.

I love staying in Toledo and prefer it to staying in Madrid. The small town atmosphere allows older kids and single females a bit more freedom to be out at night. Hostal Descalzos is inexpensive and a wonderful place to stay. Its rooms offers wonderful scenic views of the the river and the San Martín Bridge.

Good luck planning!! laugh

#6047 - 09/14/03 10:20 AM Re: Family trip to Madrid
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
We slept 5 at Apartasol for around $90. 2 adults in the bedroom and 2 children and one grandma in the living room. It has a large living room and wasn't cramped at all. Location is great, too.

#6048 - 09/15/03 12:42 AM Re: Family trip to Madrid
AnnK Offline

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Huespedes Jaén has a 3 bedroom apartment, plus living room and kitchen for 90 euros. The bedrooms are not large, but one has a double bed, one has 2 beds, and I don't remember the third room.

Excellent location: quiet rooms, but within a couple of blocks of Plaza Santa Ana, filled with restaurants and people, and nearish the whole set of museums. The beds were comfortable (firm but not too firm), the air conditioning was wimpy but the 5th floor skylights caught the breezes well, and were above much of the trapped city heat, and the windows air things too. Kitchen was reasonable. Small market across the street.

We really enjoyed it. Charming guy running the place. We used English for emails and very limited Spanish once we were there.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments