Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#60363 - 06/08/01 01:23 PM Re: The Spaniard is out of the Death Row
Zzeus11 Offline

I am 100% with Wolfgang on this one.

Anyone who wants to be misinformed can read all the papers here in USA or in Spain, and formulate "the truth" based on biased or inaccurate reporting.

Very few people have any knowledge of the true facts in this case outside the courtroom.

#60364 - 06/08/01 02:21 PM Re: The Spaniard is out of the Death Row
papi Offline

Loc: LONDRES!!!!
i know the truth confused

#60365 - 06/08/01 03:54 PM Re: The Spaniard is out of the Death Row
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
From local perspective, I think that the general perception is that the guy is no angel. And in my opinion the support and money was directed to try to have him out of the death row and into a prison sentence. I don't think that people thought that this outcome was possible.

Even though we don't recognize it, I think that we assumed US justice as more efficient and fair than ours. Remember that the only source of information most people have on american justice are the tv-series.

That conception is been shaken by how easily (apparently)by mere power of money, somebody can from the death row to be free on the street.

#60366 - 06/08/01 06:38 PM Re: The Spaniard is out of the Death Row
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Well, at least now "JJ" can get down to the business of finding the "real killers". At least he's already in Florida...apparently that's the real killers of two other victims of another two-letter-named, minority, double-murderer-turned-free man are...as for me, I'll be over at Pedro Guerrero's house trying to figure out how to make a bed.

Sniff...sniff....what's that smell?

#60367 - 06/10/01 11:49 AM Re: The Spaniard is out of the Death Row
JDR Offline

Loc: asturias
I'm also in agreement with Wolf on this one!
Having been in Spain a little over a week now, it amazes me how much Spanish press and TV talkshow attention has been given to JJ & his relatives in Spain. One would think this guy was an angel randomly accused of murder who had the misfortune to have both his ex-wife and girlfriend lie under oath about his admission of culpability.
After obtaining a Spanish passport, JJ was interviewed on TV last night & called Mc Veigh (the murderer of 168 men ,women, and children) a martyr!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments