Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60315 - 06/05/01 02:06 AM SpainSpud and Mom back from one month trip!!
SpainSpud Offline

Hi, all!! Have been back for a couple of weeks and just wanted to say that we're in one piece and so-o-o-o-o-o glad we went to Spain for a number of special reasons:
1. Mom actually survived the trip with renewed sense of self-confidence and awe at the beauty of the world,
2. Spain really does "have it all" in terms of culture, geography, and climate.
3. Spain offered a tangible connection to our roots in the New World.

Of course there are others, but these were the overarching and the ones we hoped would inject us with a new vigor and desire to see more of the world.

I'll get to more details, later, as we're still "unpacking" our memories and getting back into the swing of "normal" life, but I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who gave their suggestions and insights before we left. It was a tremendous help.

Travelling with an older person who has health issues to contend with and is frustrated at every turn when considering such a long haul (medications, doctor's precautions, the unknown, etc.) can really make doing something like this seem really daunting. That we made it back with so much more than we left, is a true blessing. (We prayed at every cathedral and church we entered and asked that each day be medically event-free! Looks like it worked!)

Thanks, again to MM and the rest of you, too!

I'll get back to you with a rough outline of the trip and perhaps answer a few questions.

Until later!

SpainSpud laugh

#60316 - 06/05/01 11:16 PM Re: SpainSpud and Mom back from one month trip!!
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Welcome back!! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much, when's your next trip?!

#60317 - 06/06/01 08:26 AM Re: SpainSpud and Mom back from one month trip!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
A sad welcome home to you, SpainSpud! Please tell us how you enjoyed your trip (in detail, if possible) here in this thread!

Also, your comments on traveling with a person with health issues/disabilities might be useful information for other travelers. I sometimes get emails from people who have special needs (wheelchairs, walkers, physical impairments, etc.).

I too am soooo happy you both enjoyed yourselves and it gave renewed energy for life and adventure. Take care and thanks for sharing & caring.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments