Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60288 - 05/24/01 05:44 PM Traveling alone to madrid or seville
Maxie Offline

Loc: Puerto Rico
Hi my name is maxie and i am from Puerto Rico . I plan on studying abroad (SEVILLE) next semester and my problem is that i found a cheap fligth to madrid 2 days before my program starts and i want to take it buit i have no clue where to stay for 2 days?? Is it safe? and will i cost me cheaperto stay in Madrid for the two days and then travel to seville or at the contrary stay in Seville? And last but not least any suggestion as to where to stay???? Please Help!!! confused

#60289 - 05/24/01 07:30 PM Re: Traveling alone to madrid or seville
ilovemadrid Offline

Loc: Hawaii
I don't know what is cheaper to do, and to find somewhere to stay you should do a search of the Hostels topic. Yes it is safe, I went to Madrid a number of times alone and stayed overnight by myself. Try and do a search of this board (Safety & Security, for example), you will find a lot of info. smile

#60290 - 05/25/01 10:52 AM Re: Traveling alone to madrid or seville
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
If you are flying into Madrid, I'd just stay there for the 2 days! You are going to be pretty tired after the flight and I don't know if you will want to just hop on a train and go right to Sevilla! There's a lot to do in Madrid, and it is certainly as safe as anywhere you'd go in the U.S. I haven't stayed alone in Madrid in quite some time, but I have gone there with only my (then) 12 year old as a "body guard!" There are a lot of suggested hostals and hotels on this board that are "safe" ( I stayed at a hotel in Naples once and woke in the middle of the night to find the son of the manager standing at the foot of my bed watching me!
eek That would qualify as an example of NOT SAFE!)

Have a great time!!!

#60291 - 05/28/01 04:37 AM Re: Traveling alone to madrid or seville
Miguelito Offline

Hello, buses to Seville are cheap because they have to compite with AVE, you can buy one way ticket I think by 3000 pesetas more or less, I guess you could find a room by more or less the same by night. So if you stay to nights in Madrid with the bus ticket you will spend more or less 9000 ptas = 45$
You will have to add food, etc..

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments