Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60278 - 05/24/01 04:08 PM What a JERK!!!!!
Nic Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
MM is not going to be happy when he sees what this idiot did....And neither an I mad

#60279 - 05/24/01 04:17 PM Re: What a JERK!!!!!
Pookita Offline

Loc: FL, USA
I was right there with you, Nic!

Actually I was just finishing off a rather "strong" message back, but our fearless leader, MM, was right on top of things, as usual!

Thank you MadridMan for keeping our message board clean from such garbage! laugh

#60280 - 05/24/01 04:29 PM Re: What a JERK!!!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
mad GGGRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! mad
You've got that right!!!! I won't say REALLY nasty things about the3rd here, but I'm thinking them. I got an email 5 minutes ago from a board member alerting me to the fact and I spent the next 5 minutes deleting them all and then sent a nice message to him/her/it/satin asking not to do it again. I'll happilly ban that person if it happens again. Usually, these people don't ever return to know what did happened, if anything. They just post their garbage and move on to the next newsgroup or message board. Well, they got 1.5 hours of "exposure" and I guess if just ONE person reads/believes/falls-for-it then it's a success.

Some of you who have been around for awhile have seen this kind of thing here before. Luckily I keep a VERY CLOSE EYE (TWO, in fact!) on the message board at ALL times. laugh

Now! Go back to what you were all doing before we were so RUDELY mad interrupted.

Saludos, MadridMan cool

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60281 - 05/24/01 05:30 PM Re: What a JERK!!!!!
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
What did that person do? I know curiosity killed the cat, but I'm dying to know what horrible thing this person did or wrote...tell me, tell me, tell me... the suspense is killing me...roses

#60282 - 05/24/01 05:57 PM Re: What a JERK!!!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
roses, like most spam and other kinds of postings like these I don't even read them. Suffice to say that it was a "I'd like to share with you how I made a million dollars. First you...blah blah blah... yadda yadda yadda... etcetera etcetera etcetera...." and in the end, I think you have to send him $20 or something to "complete the circle" or some such &*!%. He posted the identical, VERY LONG posting in almost all forums.

He replied to my email saying he was sorry and he "just wanted to share it with everyone". He did also claim to enjoy the message board and was planning a trip to Spain this summer.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60283 - 05/24/01 08:18 PM Re: What a JERK!!!!!
roses Offline

Oh okay... that's not too bad... more annoying than anything. Sorry you had to go through and clean all that stuff up...roses.

#60284 - 05/25/01 05:20 PM Re: What a JERK!!!!!
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
He did reply eek I thought spammers always give fake e-mail address. Who knows, perhaps he thought these things really work.

It reminds me of The Simpsons when Homer got an automatic dialler machine which phoned everyone in Springfield asking them to send him 1 dollar if they wanted to be happy. The first two "victims" were his father and his partner at the residence. laugh

#60285 - 05/27/01 03:40 AM Re: What a JERK!!!!!
roses Offline

Antonio: Since you are in Madrid, are you going to join us for our dinner group on June 30th? Check out the thread "dinner group in Madrid, Spain." It'd be great to have a native (are you a native) from Madrid join us and give us wonderful tips on exploring and living in Madrid. Think about it, okay smile -roses Hope to see you there!!!

#60286 - 05/29/01 11:01 AM Re: What a JERK!!!!!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Hey everyone...Lose weight now...ask me how!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh Just send me 5.000 pesetas and I'll let you in on the big huge secret. laugh laugh rolleyes

#60287 - 05/29/01 11:00 PM Re: What a JERK!!!!!
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
I don't think so, CaliBasco! though since you brought it up...we should start a thread on "Favorite method to "burn" that olive oil while in Spain and have fun doing it!"(Free advice only,please)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments