Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#60210 - 05/22/01 05:09 AM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I personally prefer MM's message boards, a 'dynamic' newsletter (if you will) where we can each post our input whenever we think we have something to contribute. Newsletters tend to go downhill because they have a section for this and a section for that and if this or that is not newsworthy for a time, one might feel an obligation to write something in there - anything. People get tired of reading 'fillers' and the whole idea crumbles under its own weight. A 'No' vote? :p

#60211 - 05/22/01 06:33 AM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Good points, Eddie. I'll keep these things in mind. So maybe the "online" newsletter" is the way to go, eh? Still, I have a pretty good feeling very very few people would bother to read it. Maybe on the front page of my website I could have a "banner" or sign saying "The Newsletter Has been updated on X/XX/XXXX" and then people would be aware that it has new information since they last saw it.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60212 - 05/22/01 03:29 PM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
MM - the banner & updates on the front page makes sense .... Eddie makes some solid points for the need to really diferentiate (sp?) between our fav message board and the contents of an electronic newsletter ...

#60213 - 05/22/01 04:50 PM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I met boogerpie for dinner...he's a nice fellow... :p

How about a "Top Ten Spain URLs" column. You could make them ANY ten URLs, as long as they have Spain as a common thread.

In addition, I appreciate Eddie's concerns. I think they are quite valid, so you would have to carefully balance the "live" newsletter with the "historical" newsletter. I can also appreciate rgf's thought about not being able to stay "al día" with everything. Perhaps a newsletter pointing people in certain directions would be good.

In addition, I think a "rincón del cocinero" would be good (chef's corner). We could easily tap into recipes by going archiving through the newsletter instead of searching through endless posts with comments and replies to recipes included, and perhaps not really knowing where a recipe is because of the thread title. (Is it any wonder that food would come up from me on this post?)

There's my dos duros worth...

#60214 - 05/22/01 09:02 PM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Oh! Good idea about the recipes. I have just started to learn to cook and always mean to get the recipes and then get lazy about searching and printing them all out (I also keep meaning to buy one of Penelope Casas' books, but never seem to get around to it).

I was at party FRiday night, and one of the guests brought a cooler of sangria (!!!!). I told everyone to be careful, but turns out it was just red wine with fruit and apple juice, nice and suave. i was kicking myself for not having printed out the recipes for sangria posted on the board, because everyone wanted to know how to make it. smile

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1585 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments