Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60200 - 05/19/01 10:28 PM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
I'm betting it is Antonio, too!! wink

I'd like a newsletter, delivered to my e-mail box, once a week! Sometimes I can't get to the board and check all the new threads.

Speaking of Spain calendars... I leave in 9
days and haven't even begun to THINK about the trip, so automatic is it for me to put some cloze in a suitcase and GO.

Oh, one nice travel newsletter is FROMMERS. I get it everyday, and the European one once a week. I find great info. on it.

saludos a todos

#60201 - 05/20/01 12:11 AM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
re: the newsletter idea.... I was thinking it would be an email newsletter, every 2-weeks or so covering all facets of MadridMan.com including the message board. ALL would have the opportuntity to sign up for it if they'd care to receive it. I'm sure it will be slow-to-start, but hope to be more "active" thereafter. laugh We'll see. It's kind of a pilot project and if it doesn't work then it will be discontinued.

Nic, I'd LOVE to meet YOU AND your "old" roommate :p here in Columbus, but as you may have read in the NYC Dinner Group thread, I'm visiting my grandpa in Florida that weekend and it turns out I'll spend the rest of that week after in New Mexico helping my ladyfriend sell-off her belongings before her departure/return to Madrid. frown

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60202 - 05/20/01 01:19 AM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
mel-knee Offline

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Hmmm. What would I most like in a newsletter? I think the number one thing would be a "Great Deals" section, which would include links to bargain airfares or hotel specials.

I think it would also be really cool to have a "journal entry" section in which every week a different MadridMan.com member wrote a paragraph or two about their recent travels in Spain. Members could submit entries any time they wanted, and MadridMan (or the mystery man) could choose the best one to put in the newsletter.

A neat sidenote could be a Glossary section which would feature two or three vocab words or phrases that are used frequently in Spain which non-natives might not be familiar with.

How about an "Hostal de la Semana" in which a different hostal is featured during each issue, including a pic of the hostal, comments from the user board and MM, and contact info.

And of course a "This Week in Spain" which would list any major festivals or holidays and some historical background on each.

Just some thoughts.

#60203 - 05/20/01 10:33 AM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Thanks Jo-Anne and rgf for thinking of me as the "mistery writer". But I'm not.

I'd bet Jeremy is the mistery man.

#60204 - 05/20/01 11:59 AM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

The newsletter would mainly be about all the features/functions of MadridMan.com the main website as well as the message board and not so much of an "Spain Updates" newsletter. It would tell about the additions to the websites, newly added photos, radio links, regular links, Group Chatroom Chats schedules, HOT topics on the message boards, and things like this.

I like mel-knee's suggestion of a "guest journal" entry, but not sure if that would/could be different from what the message board offers, same with the hostels.

And you're all wrong about the identity of the would-be Editor of the newsletter. :p If it works out, you'll just have to wait and see.. laugh ( rolleyes )

Your comments are great. What else would you care to see in the newsletter?? I really appreciate your feedback and ideas.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60205 - 05/20/01 07:10 PM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Let's see...I know the editor isn't me, and it's not Antonio, so if we all just guess 1 person, we should have the answer soon!! laugh

I think the newsletter is great, since most of the time I know I just head straight for the messageboard to see what's new with everyone here...

How about a 'word of the day' type section? Or maybe a 'traveler's phrase' of the day?

#60206 - 05/21/01 12:58 PM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
Nic Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
MM, sorry we'll miss you, for some reason I thought that you were going to be in Sarasota the last week of June, the same time I was going to be there. But anyway, I am sure you will have a rough week out west. frown Still gives you some time for some pleading and begging for her to stay. Or is it the other way around for you to go??I like the ideas you have for the newsletter, sending the hot topics etc. Maybe it would cut down on the searches.

[ 05-21-2001: Message edited by: Nic ]

#60207 - 05/21/01 06:15 PM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
MM, I too like your idea for a newsletter, regular updates on your site would, I'm sure, attract many of us to read it. Have Faith!!!! cool

#60208 - 05/21/01 07:22 PM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
i think that this is a great idea. how about if the newsletter includes a section on the latest events happening in madrid for the month. also an update on your members would be awesome. you know like, this week boogerpie is on a plane to madrid for the first time... etc... anyways, just a thought...roses

#60209 - 05/21/01 08:10 PM Re: MadridMan.com Newsletter: Ideas?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

BOOGERPIE???!!!!?!??!! Hahahahahahaa!!!!! That's a great idea, though, Roses. For example, as I just posted in the "Madrid Webcam" posting by replay, he showed around one of our message board members and her daughter around Madrid last weekend.

There's been some thought of having the newsletter online first and those who want to read it that way can, but through that online newsletter they can sign up to have it emailed them too, but with more features.

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments