Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60091 - 04/21/01 08:45 PM travel to cosa rica
gt4715b Offline

I'm planning a potential trip to costa rica and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this country. I'm pretty much starting from scratch and have no idea about cheap airfares, interesting destinations, etc.

#60092 - 04/21/01 09:41 PM Re: travel to cosa rica
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi there! You might first start with doing a search using www.Google.com using "COSTA RICA" (with quotation marks) as your keywords and you should get MORE than enough information. Good luck and have fun!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60093 - 04/21/01 11:48 PM Re: travel to cosa rica
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
You can ask questions at the Costa Rica Message Board ( www.discoverypress.com - wwwboard). (Sorry, it's not nearly as good as MadridMan's site.) Or you can e-mail me. I've been there several times in the last two years.

[ 04-22-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#60094 - 04/26/01 01:39 PM Re: travel to cosa rica
Jasonbrooks72 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Costa Rica is beautiful! I spent time on the guanacaste peninsula (specifically Tamirindo) Great surfing, restaraunts, clubs, seafood, rainforests, people. The roads are horrible though - be sure to rent a 4 wheel drive vehicle. Dusty too if you go in dry season.

#60095 - 04/30/01 08:14 PM Re: travel to cosa rica
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Jasonbrooks72--Have you visited Tamarindo in early February? Just how dusty is it?? We've been there twice in the "green" season (June and August) and twice in December. They apparently coat the roads with sugar cane juice to keep the dust down. Our next trip is scheduled for February. Will it be overwhelmingly chokingly dusty? Is it still green? I'd hate to have our group of eleven (most have never been there) think that we've taken a wrong turn and landed in the Sahara!

#60096 - 04/30/01 08:51 PM Re: travel to cosa rica
augustus28 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
I spent some time in Costa Rica back in '98. I stayed with a family there in a small town. My advice is just about any rainforest - they're all spectacular. Also check out the volcanoes like Poas and Arenal (I saw another called Irazu that wasn't too shabby either). My advice is don't really bother w/ San Jose, just a big smelly metropolis w/ not a whole lot there. If you have any questions about the Cartago area, just lemme know.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2269 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments