Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60040 - 04/17/01 02:31 PM Re: MadridMan, wha't up with the member rating?
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
one more thing to remember... i love this site because people are so helpful and friendly. i have planned a wonderful trip to madrid this summer thanks to everyone (and i will check out the camino when in madrid, calibasco). i think the site should remain as it is (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). once you start judging people, the site becomes a popularity pool and not a site for information and people that share a common interest. to avoid people feeling as though they are not good enough to receive five stars or that the information they are providing (which is the best they can provide)is not good enough, i would recommend disabling the rating system. in my eyes, you guys are all five stars. we don't need a rating system to show that...roses.

#60041 - 04/17/01 02:47 PM Re: MadridMan, wha't up with the member rating?
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I, too, support the disabling of the ratings. I don't think they're really very helpful. Actually, I find them distracting - I wonder why certain people have certain numbers of stars, how many people have rated them, who I should give 5 stars to (I wouldn't dream of giving fewer)... And that has nothing to do with Spain! If someone posts information that is wrong or misleading, many fine members correct it politely and immediately.We don't need ratings. Let's get rid of them!

#60042 - 04/17/01 02:51 PM Re: MadridMan, wha't up with the member rating?
mel-knee Offline

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Well, I've not been on the board for long, but so far I wouldn't rate anyone at under 5 stars. Everyone's been extremely helpful and (generally) polite. I don't see the point of rating the members.

#60043 - 04/17/01 03:05 PM Re: MadridMan, wha't up with the member rating?
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
I agree! Let us not fall into the so-called rating. We are all members in good standing. Without this board, my recent Spain escapades would not have been magical and memorable. To MM's members who took time to share their experiece and impressions, GRACIAS!
Viva to all MM's members.

#60044 - 04/17/01 03:15 PM Re: MadridMan, wha't up with the member rating?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
laugh Okay folks! The masses have spoken. I don't need to wait until tonight after hearing from all of you, our honorable and -oh-so-wise members. rolleyes (okay. It's getting a little deep in here. hehehe..)

BE GONE, CLASS-DIVIDING RATING SYSTEM!!!!! You have spoken!! Be gone! Be Gone! (Did I tell you I was trying out for an Off-Broadway play? I'm acting as a tree stump. Hahaha.. Just kidding)

Thanks for your input!!! cool

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60045 - 04/17/01 07:05 PM Re: MadridMan, wha't up with the member rating?
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
Thanks, MadridMan and to everyone for posting their thoughts about the subject... no more discussions about stars, on to items involving only MADRID!!! laugh

#60046 - 04/17/01 07:19 PM Re: MadridMan, wha't up with the member rating?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
... well....yes. Madrid and ALL of Spain!!! laugh NO MORE STARS!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60047 - 04/17/01 11:46 PM Re: MadridMan, wha't up with the member rating?
nevado Offline

This is starring to sound like the Sneetches! smile

#60048 - 04/18/01 05:57 AM Re: MadridMan, wha't up with the member rating?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Oh dear.......here we go again! First it was speedos, then capris.....where IS that Anglo-American dictionary?? wink What are the Sneetches? Oops, rambling again....I didn't mean to get sidetracked, I just wanted to give a cheer for mob rule!

#60049 - 04/18/01 07:55 AM Re: MadridMan, wha't up with the member rating?
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Hi all,

Anchovy - Dr. Seuss from the Sneetches.

Now, the Star-Belly Sneetches
Had bellies with stars.
The Plain-Belly Sneetches
Had none upon thars.

Straight from the Seuss's mouth I guess rolleyes

They sure are ugly looking critters! Remind me of the first girl I dated eek
------------------------------------------
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I know that the rest deserved them, along with many that weren't even mentioned, but I'm still kind of new to these boards, and I do have a somewhat "wry sense of humor (Anchovy: humour)" wink Not everyone likes that.

As far as ratings go, I remember P.T. Barnum, who said;

"You can please all the people some of the time, some of the people all the time, but never please all the people all the time."

Just remember, on a personal note;

"To thine own self be true."

I'm always reminded that one of the longest running, and read items in the Readers Digest is the section called, "Humor is the best medicine." If you keep that in the back of your mind, and laugh at the misfortunes you have along the way, you'll wake up with a smile on your face, have a few belly laughs during the day, and go to sleep with a smile on your face.

If it gets any better than that... I don't know. Anyway, that's my philosophy on life.

Wolf :p

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments