Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#60012 - 04/27/01 10:46 AM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Hey Asterault. If you do't mind, could I email you privately? I am interested in art restauration and you are the first person I have "met" that is actually doing it! I just have a few questions...

#60013 - 04/28/01 02:08 PM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
rabbit Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado, USA
I work and live in Boulder and Denver consulting for a coffee company. I moved here to go to the Naropa institute (Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poets) about five years ago and fell in love with the mountains. I love to wander and consider my first upcoming trip to Spain a pilgrimage. I'm glad to have found this kind resource prior to departure. :p

#60014 - 04/28/01 05:23 PM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
replay Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi everybody, I don´t use to write in this great BBS, but sometimes it is good time to remind that I am still alive. I am Rafael Corrales, a Madrid lover and born in Madrid.
I am finishing my studies as Computing Systems Administrator and I work since two years in a nice company called Instrumentación y Componentes as computer technic. I invite everybody to Madrid, this city is always special, but maybe there are too much "work in men", Madrid looks like a groullere cheese ;-)
MSX Power Replay, my club

#60015 - 04/30/01 11:56 AM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I moved from Minnesota in 1994 frown to teach HS Spanish...after our little one entered our life, I changed careers for financial reasons (so mom could stay home!)...and have been left to dream about the next trip to Spain (and how I'm going to swing the vacation time) as my secondary vocation. Incidentally, that next trip will be a 15-day affair in April 2002 which will include a 500 mile bike trek along the Camino francés from Valcarlos (in between St.Jean pied-de-Port and Roncesvalles...home of our family) to Compostela. I'll be making the pilgrimage for a myriad of reasons, and look forward to boring...er...sharing the details with you then!

We are active members in the Chino Basque Club, where my wife is a member of the Gauden Bat dance group. My suegra's side of the family is 100% Basco, which is A-OK with me! Anyone in the SoCal area who would like to visit for the club's monthly luncheons and periodic festivals, drop me an e-mail!

I look to re-enter the teaching world eventually, but until they pay teachers what they are truly worth to the community, (and hopefully do away with those unions that reward mediocrity with tenure), I'm 'stuck' earning on behalf of my family in an alternate career frown.

#60016 - 04/30/01 01:23 PM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
Tracy Moral Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
WOW! What diversity on this board smile
I am a stay-at-home Mom with TWO boys (3-years old and 7 months, Daniel and Julien) My husband Roberto was born and raised in Madrid, where we lived for a little over a year and where I became addicted to helping people try to find work in Spain teaching English...

I write travel articles about Madrid(in English) for an online travel company based in Barcelona and I also do freelance travel writing for other magazines like "Transitions Abroad." I am still hoping for a MUCH BIGGER writing opportunity to come my way though before callilng myself a "pro!" laugh

I live very close to Philadelphia but always keep one foot on a US AIR plane heading to Spain! smile

*** And yeah, MM...what is it that you DO???? Don't keep us guessing!

[ 04-30-2001: Message edited by: Tracy Moral ]

#60017 - 05/07/01 12:46 PM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Si, Nicole you can email me.

Ciao

#60018 - 05/09/01 11:43 AM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
let loose london Offline

Loc: London/ Madrid
hi all - i'm living in London right now managing an interactive (web, itv, wireless) team within a global ad agency. much as i love the money and the city... setting up a business in madrid seems so much more attractive.

so. on friday I quit and in August I will be living in central Madrid, hoepfully with a good business plan, some investment and a suntan. at the very least i'll be pulling pints in an irish bar.

matt

#60019 - 05/13/01 12:16 AM Re: What do you do when you're not here at MM's board?
Jake Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY, USA
I'm a senior undergraduate student hoping to finish college soon with degrees in English and computer science (please don't ask me how I will combine those) and hopefully find a job soon.

I fell in love with Spanish language in junior high school. A high-school trip to Madrid did it for me. Now, I am obsessed. I want to go on a tour of Spain soon and meet lots of Spanish friends.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments