Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#59899 - 04/02/01 10:42 PM kids say the darnest things!
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
One of the things I most remember about being in Spain is the smell. It took me quite a while to figure out that it was Heno de Pravia wafting out from houses and droguerias. I thought it might be interesting to stick some Heno de Pravia bars of soap in with the standardized tests so my kids got a whiff of Spain whenever they took a test. They really like it...partly because they think it smells like Froot Loops (? go figure?). Anyway, the last time I passed out the tests the dialog went like this:

"Are these tests scented?"
"Yeah! They smell like Froot Loops!"
"Nah, that isn't Froot Loops, it's that Spanish smell...Ano de Pravia!"
Followed by raucous laughter since the class knows full well what happens when you leave that particular tilde off. I thought I'd split a seam!

#59900 - 04/03/01 09:27 PM Re: kids say the darnest things!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I loved your idea! I might use it in my classes too! Reading your post I thought of the "aromas" of Spain...and one that really stands out is getting off the plane at Barajas and smelling the Ducados in the air! I am not a smoker, yet I enjoy that moment of "smelling" Spain again! smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments