Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#59618 - 02/11/01 08:55 PM real estate (Madrid area)
mecky Offline

Loc: US
Are theyre any Realtors out there? I will be visiting in Madrid the end of February and would love to visit some Offices that sell Real Estate. I am a Realtor in Sout/North Carolina (houses-condos-etc.)It would be of great interest to me to see how this business is being done in the Madrid Area. Anybody maybe that can help? In the meantime I know that I must be very patient, but I cannot wait to be back in the city of Madrid. It would be really great to have a reply on this. Thanks Maggie

------------------

#59619 - 02/11/01 09:41 PM Re: real estate (Madrid area)
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Hi, Maggie,

I'm not a realtor, but I had a Re/Max agent sell my house in Madrid when it was time to leave. She thought it was wonderful to be selling an American's house - Remax being an American company - and I had no idea what she was talking about till I came back to the States and found out how big it was! I guess I was gone too long. Anyway, you may want to check out their website at www.remax.es and perhaps you can visit one of their offices. There are plenty of realtors working in Madrid (and the rest of Spain), with many different companies. You'll see their offices all over.

Have a great trip!

#59620 - 02/12/01 03:49 PM Re: real estate (Madrid area)
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
NICOLE,thanks for posting the REMAX site. I saw this site about a year ago. MM just think about the possibilities we as members could have. You are close to one thousand members. If each member put up $1.000 we would 1,000,000 dollars. We would be able to buy some of these properties and visit madrid any time we wanted. Barcelona and Marabella would also be nice locations.

#59621 - 02/12/01 04:07 PM Re: real estate (Madrid area)
mecky Offline

Thanks to all. I have contacted 2 offices in Madrid and hope that even tho I lack knowing the language someone will get back to me. I will keep you posted.! Thanks, Maggie

#59622 - 02/12/01 04:26 PM Re: real estate (Madrid area)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Best of luck gathering the real estate information, mecky!! If at all possible, yes, please keep us posted here in this/your thread as I'm sure the information you gather in this process could be EXTREMELY useful for others with the same interest. Thanks!!

MATADOR!!! What a GREAT idea!!! It could be the "MadridMan's Message Board Member's Timeshare Condo/Flat in Spain"!!! Hmm.. Think of the possibilities!!! We could have different flats around Spain: beach, city, rural, fortified structures, etcetera! MAN! You've got me thinking now!! I, of course, would manage the whole thing with a nice office BASED in Madrid. hehehe....

You've got me thinking!, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#59623 - 02/12/01 06:20 PM Re: real estate (Madrid area)
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
ACTUALLY, what is a good idea would be that those lucky enough to own property in Spain rented it to us faithful MM board members when they go away for a week or two... or maybe people are interested in home exchanges! espec. with LA, San Francisco, Chicago, New York... bet I'd have no takers for my suburban Buffalo house!

#59624 - 02/12/01 10:25 PM Re: real estate (Madrid area)
mecky Offline

Ok guys, here is the deal about all this wonderful real estate in Spain, remember now I am the Realtor, BUT it would be my pleasure to divide my time selling Real Estate here in the US,(love referrals) and then expand my area to Spain and since I am German and do speak the language I could get a little greedy and sell also for and in Germany. Ps ALL Germans love Spain. Since I live in South Carolina, maybe spending the summer in Buffalo would not be such a bad idea. Maybe I will do some listing for property in Spain in the US. That could be the happening of a new business enterprise. My dear Madrid Man we could work as a team and split our time traveling, and with your followers and support system we ALL could be happy traveling the oceans back and forth. Lets see! Maggie

#59625 - 02/13/01 10:09 AM Re: real estate (Madrid area)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Hey MM - is this a high class version of that kibbutz you mentioned earier? Why not just somehow manage to buy a chunck of land (read Driving Over Lemons as recommended by Anchovy Front) - hopefully with some semblence of a building on it ... we can all go from there. Share talents - skills - and learn new ones - actually, with a million $ - we can probably do a heck of a lot better than a 'building of some sorts'.
Shall we take a count of how many of us want to invest?

#59626 - 02/13/01 11:43 AM Re: real estate (Madrid area)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
I know just the piece of land! My boss has just been to see half a million square metres of "campo" land today, going at an amazing price of 25 Pesetas per square metre, which is 12.500.000 Pts or about $70,000.

Now there's PLENTY of room for everyone........just near the beautiful lakes of Alora and El Chorro (Von Ryan's Express?) if anybody knows Malaga province. Lots of lemons, too.....!!

#59627 - 02/13/01 01:35 PM Re: real estate (Madrid area)
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
El Chorro is beautiful! Put me in for some!
Jen

#59628 - 02/13/01 04:51 PM Re: real estate (Madrid area)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Count me in!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments