Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#59287 - 01/24/01 12:45 PM I'm going back to Madrid!
Moni215 Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
I can't wait. I just booked my flight and I will be in Madrid for 8 days for Easter Week. Isn't that great? I am really excited and I am now in the process of planning out my week there. I need some suggestions on places to go during this short stay. I have read great things about Hostal Lopez, but what is the location like? How close is it to Sol and other sites of interest?

#59288 - 01/24/01 12:52 PM Re: I'm going back to Madrid!
connie Offline

The location of Hostal Lopez is great! There are zillions of nice bars and restaurants in that area, you live directly within one of the quarters with the liveliest nightlife, and many of the main attractions (Sol, art museums, Royal Palace etc.) are in walking distance.
I would arrange for accomodation as soon as possible since the Easter week will be a popular travelling period.

#59289 - 01/24/01 01:57 PM Re: I'm going back to Madrid!
Moni215 Offline

Connie,
I made reservations for Hostal Lopez, and they do have accomadations. I reserved a spot there. Thanks for your suggestion.

#59290 - 02/04/01 04:53 AM Re: I'm going back to Madrid!
vinniemafalda Offline

Loc: Valencia, Spain
lucky you!
I have to stay here ((

#59291 - 02/04/01 02:34 PM Re: I'm going back to Madrid!
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Yo tambien!!!! I leave February 16 and return February 24. We booked our trip in September.

We have no reservations for lodging... a little scary, but I know we will find something once there. Thank you to everyone who has posted details of the various hostales and hoteles. I have been reading and taking notes and studying maps. Our plan is to arrive and head directly to a bar in the Puerta de Sol area for tapas and drinks. Our suitcase is on wheels and will be mostly empty. Once we calm down a little, we will head out in search of lodging. Also, we can book nights in advance once there. We hope to stay at 3 or 4 different places while on this trip.

We understand that the most popular places might be taken, but there are so many places in Madrid for sleeping. We really want to stay at Perla Asteriana, Lopez and Chelo the most. From what I read, Lopez might be booked... probably is booked already.

Moni215, I feel your excitement! I've been counting down the weeks for way too long.
http://www.geocities.com/srasofia/desales2000.html

[This message has been edited by Sofia (edited 02-04-2001).]

#59292 - 02/05/01 03:47 PM Re: I'm going back to Madrid!
Moni215 Offline

Sophia,
I am excited for you. You will also have a good time. I'm sure you will not have trouble finding a place to stay. I was able to find something at Lopez only weeks ago. Check on this site for places, I trust that many of them are pretty reasonable and safe. Good luck, Moni

#59293 - 02/08/01 11:33 AM Re: I'm going back to Madrid!
tntee Offline

I am also thinking about traveling to Madrid during Easter week as well, but was worried that museums and such are closed for the Holiday? Is this true?

I've never been to Spain, so I'd like to make the most of my time when I'm there.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments