Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 10 11 >
Topic Options
#59193 - 01/22/01 01:20 PM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Wow. I am impressed that you have moved to Espanya! And already found a place to live, etc. Do you commuite from El Escorial into Madrid? How long does that take?

#59194 - 01/22/01 05:13 PM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
MM98- It looks like "Fortuna" is smiling on you (couldn't resist). I'll continue to pull my strings and keep the Guardia Civil away from you!!! ¡¡¡Muy celoso estoy!!!

#59195 - 01/24/01 07:01 PM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Hi MM98-

I just wanted to chime in with the rest on how great I think it is that you have followed your heart's desire and made it back to Spain. I look forward to hearing your insights as an American-now-a-Spaniard in Spain!

Best of luck;

Kurt

#59196 - 01/25/01 09:19 AM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Miss Madrid98
Congratulations on your move to Spain. I, too, someday would be able live in Spain and I hope the Spaniar way of living will remain the same when I am ready to enjoy my golden years. We visited Escorial and wander around town. When we were there, the snowcaps seemed so reachable. Very quite and clean town. The bus ride from Madrid to Escorial was less than 1 hour. What was so impressive was seeing the elaborate paper machee decorations of the Belen and other decorations as you walked at the center of town. Good luck!

#59197 - 02/05/01 08:09 AM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
i am so sorry i haven´t written,i have no access to a computer and have very little time while in the city to write, but i have a moment before i go to flamenco class. I am so so so so so so very happy. i am busy with the celta course, and the 2 people i teach private english lessons to and my flamenco class, all of those things are everyday. so saturday and sunday i rest and go out!!!! ole!!!!! but i am very busy during the week, it has been a hard hard hard effort to get things started, to begin a a new life from scratch, but things are slowly working out. i am so happy to be here, and so happy to have my little place in el escorial with a view of the monastery from my living room window, and a view of the guadarrama mountains from my bedroom window. at night i hang my head out my living room window and look at the monstery and listen to the churchbells chime. (i watched it snow last week) i can hear all the people rustling below and drinking cana´s!!! life is very very very good, it has not been easy, but i am so happy to begin my new life where I want to be. wehn i get more time i will write more till then!!! viva espana!!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

#59198 - 02/05/01 08:16 AM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
missmadrid, just yesterday I was wondering how you were doing and when we'd get an update. Your life sounds so rich. How long does it take you to get from El Escorial into Madrid? Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

#59199 - 02/05/01 08:49 AM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
You are making missed Spain and to date, I am still daydreaming of Spain. What a beautiful view to wake up in morning to see the monastery and on the other side of the snowcaps. When you really want something, it will work out. Take care!

#59200 - 02/05/01 04:39 PM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
You're KILLING me with the descriptions, MaCristina!!!

#59201 - 02/06/01 03:27 PM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
MM98 - sounds as if you are a very happy expat! We really all do look forward to hearing how the move is working out for you-your cheering section outside of Spain!

#59202 - 02/07/01 08:22 AM Re: Update (on missmadrid98 in Spain)
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
i have found a moment to leave another message. first to answer some questions, I am attending International House Madrid, e-mail me for more info. also it takes me 45 minutes to an hour to get from el escorial to madrid by bus. I am so so very happy as i am sure i have stated. i am on my way now to flamenco class. i take the metro to lavapies and then to ruben dario after class to teach that little girl. but in between things i have to do, i find myself walking carelessly through the streets of madrid, stopping in a random bars to have a caña or cafe´con leche with queso manchego, and hang out and talk to the camarero or people next to me, life is very very good. it has been very very hard, but i worked at it everyday to make a life here, and i was not going to give up. (i now have hot water in my apartment yaaaaaaaaa) i don´t have much time to write but i promise i will when i get some more time. i was thinking of posting the e-mails i send back home here in this thread, it gives more detail to what´s going on, maybe i will, maybe on friday, well anyways Ta´Luego!!!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 10 11 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments