Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#59173 - 01/19/01 11:32 AM British/American expatriate community, Malaga-Costa del Sol
Sol Offline

Are there formal or informal British or American expatriate communities or organizations in Malaga or on the Costa del Sol?

I’ve searched both the MM board and the web with negative results.

#59174 - 01/19/01 01:25 PM Re: British/American expatriate community, Malaga-Costa del Sol
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Sol! There are T*O*N*S of British expatriates on the Costa del Sol. You might want to visit Andalucia.com for (possibly) some information about this. The owner/operator/president and of this site and his wife are both from England and living on La Costa del Sol.

In fact, I believe there are a few Brits regsitered here on the board who are living on the Costa del Sol. Come on, people! Speak up! Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#59175 - 01/23/01 09:06 AM Re: British/American expatriate community, Malaga-Costa del Sol
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi Sol. I have a long list in a freebie newspaper in front of me of different clubs on the Costa del Sol. There is everything from American Club of Estepona, American Club of Torremolinos, to British clubs and societies, to jazz societies, to flower arranging clubs etc etc.

They all appear to have submitted just telephone numbers and there is no sign of any e-mail addresses or web sites. Let me know if there is any specific club or society that interests you and I'll let you know the relevant phone number.

There is no web site for this particular English language publication, El Pregonero, or The Town Crier, but you could always try looking in the on-line versions of other free newspapers out here, such as The Entertainer at www.theentertainer.net or SUR in English at www.surinenglish.com

#59176 - 02/07/01 02:10 PM Re: British/American expatriate community, Malaga-Costa del Sol
Sol Offline

AF

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner.

Thank you for your research.

I have been reading Sur in english for sometime. In my view it is written for the tourist audience and has little ‘hard’ news. Published weekly, posted on Friday, if I recall correctly. No mention that I could find regarding different clubs or expat groups.

The Entertainer appears to be the more ‘tabloid’ type of publication. ‘Police Blotter’ type news. Issue #805 has been posted at their site since you informed me of it. I don’t know how old that issue is, no date listed. Again, I could not find any mention of the matters we are discussing.

I guess I’ll just have to wait until I get there to read the ‘hard’ copy to see what you have mentioned.

MM- don't know how I missed your post. Will check it out.

MM- did a cursory check of your suggestion. Lots of info, nothing readily apparent concerning the subject matter, no search function that I could find in my brief look. I will take a more in-depth look.

Thank you both.

[This message has been edited by Sol (edited 02-07-2001).]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments