I am trying to plan a two week solo trip to Madrid and Andalucia for sometime in May. As I am travelling solo and are planning on taking the hotel (not hostel) route I want to ensure that I can meet other travellers or better yet, native Spaniards to share some meals and drinks with, etc.. I've looked into taking an intensive Spanish course but realize that it would use up too much valuable travel time. Can anybody please suggest to me the best way to get together with other people and have some fun? I've travelled solo before but the lonely evening part really sucks! I am open to any short culinary courses (tours), cultural, architectural, historical courses or tours, etc.. I only have until Jan. 16 to book a cheap flight to Madrid but really don't want to commit unless I know I can at least socialize over there. It is a dream of mine to visit Spain so I would sincerely appreciate any advice from anybody who reads this. BTW I took a beginner's Spanish course 2 years ago and will probably sign up for another here in my city before I go. Thanks!
From Canada
Dargus