Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5911 - 07/21/03 03:27 PM Madrid:Hostal Dulcinea
beckham Offline

Loc: ireland
Hi all

I am planning another trip to Madrd for maybe around October - Just waiting on that renewed passport!!
I am interested in staying at an apartment
I read here on the threads that the Hostal Dulcinea is qute good but I cannot find a website for the apartments only for the hostal
Can anyone help? or suggest any other apartment
Beckham

#5912 - 07/21/03 09:31 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Dulcinea
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi beckham!
I know you´ve already checked the Hostal Dulcinea website ( http://www.HostalDulcinea.com ) but you might send them an email to ask. They closed the apartments they once had (JoeSambuca stayed there at least once) and I think I heard they opened some new ones but that was some time ago. So send them a quick email to ask for sure.

Have you checked the MadridMan´s Madrid Apartments page? I think a number of the apartments listed there have been reviewed - try a search to find them. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5913 - 07/21/03 11:04 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Dulcinea
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
Dulcinea doesn't offer apartments anymore.
Last I heard they lost all the apartments they had even the new ones.

#5914 - 07/22/03 02:23 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Dulcinea
beckham Offline

Thats unfortunate. thanks for the responses
Yes Madridman, i did have a look
some of them look ok
becks

#5915 - 07/22/03 02:41 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Dulcinea
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Hi Beckham,

Last fall the wife and I stayed at hospedaje Madrid. It cost about 90 Euros and it was in a good location, a few steps from Puerto del Sol. It is an older place, but it had all the amenities and was very close to an open market and Corte Ingles, so no problems finding groceries. Hospedaje Madrid's website is, I believe, www.hospedajemadrid.info .

#5916 - 07/22/03 10:51 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Dulcinea
NEWYORKRED Offline

Loc: NEW YORK, NEW YORK
eek (referring to joe sambuca)
They lost the apartment across the street, because Joe Sambuca left many a devastated love lorn female. Those poor managers couldn't stand another dozen red roses left at the door with the words" JOE SAMBUCA, PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!!". frown
LOL

#5917 - 07/26/03 04:10 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Dulcinea
beckham Offline

Gazpacho

Thanks for the info on the Hospedaje Madrid
There website is very well designed and the apartments look fab!!!
I will give them a call when I get a definite date for travelling
Beckham NO 23

#5918 - 07/27/03 12:43 AM Re: Madrid:Hostal Dulcinea
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I didnt actually stay at them, I stayed at the hostal. However, as of April of last semester, they did have apartments of some sort, because upon arrival they asked our group of 4 if we were interested in staying in one of the apartments together, instead of spliting up into 2 rooms at the hostal. Maybe they have lost even those in the past couple months though? I would email the owner and ask about them.
Kelly smile

#5919 - 07/27/03 10:43 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Dulcinea
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Beckham,

Like I mentioned before, the apartments aren't really very fancy, but they did have a good working elevator which always seemed available. You could hear the music from the street, but it wasn't very annoying. You'll like the washer for your clothes. One less worry.
By the way, my next door neighbor is from Ireland. A really super guy.
Enjoy your trip.

#5920 - 07/28/03 09:10 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Dulcinea
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Hi Beckham,

I just happened to see that you would be in Madrid in October. That's when we stayed there, if I haven't mentioned this before. We stayed there the last week of October through All Saint's Day. I just wanted to warn you that the place was pretty chilly at night. I guess there's a law in Madrid that they can't turn on the heat in public buildings until the first of November. You can, as we did, request extra blankets at the reception. Also, if you want, a maid will come up and clean the apartment once a day. Again, have a good time.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments