Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 24 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24 >
Topic Options
#58966 - 01/12/01 05:02 PM Re: De donde eres tu??
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Tracy- Glad to hear your description was the right one. Jarrai/KAS is not a person but a radical terrorist movement (actually Jarrai claims its roots in KAS.) Glad to see you're not associated there...

Kas is also a soda like Fanta (only slightly better... but I digress).

I'll have to read up on the moor Kas who apparently is the man for which Vallecas is named (obviously), mentioned by Nuria.

#58967 - 01/13/01 09:47 AM Re: De donde eres tu??
Tracy Moral Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Angela...thanks for the info. See what mistakes travelers pick up along the way! I use Vallecas with a "K" simply because my husband (who's from Vallecas) taught me to. I never paid much attention to what it really meant )

Kudos,

tracy

#58968 - 01/13/01 10:17 AM Re: De donde eres tu??
Vallekano Offline

Loc: Vallekas, Madrid, España
I am very sorry for starting my posting career with a flame, but for someone from ValleKas to find the use of the letter "K" on the name irritating is like for an american to find the colors on the american flag irritating, the use of the letter K is what has always make a different between the people from Vallekas and the rest of Madrid/World, you two Angela and Nuria should have been born in Getafe or some place like that where people not try to be different just plain old boring. And Angela, for your posts I can deduce that you've never readed anything on the origin of Vallekas, Vallekas was founded on the Valle de el Kas, you can find this information on any history book about Vallekas.

Telmo, the angry Vallekano

Yuyi.. deja de de dartelas de persona importante =P

P.S. bah! HTML is turned off

[This message has been edited by Vallekano (edited 01-13-2001).]

#58969 - 01/13/01 04:41 PM Re: De donde eres tu??
Angela Offline

Telmo,
I'll like to start by telling you that you are very rude.
We members of this board pride on being courteous to each other, even when we disagree with other members.
I would also like to tell you that (unfortunately for you), I was born and raised in Vallecas, and I'm very proud of it.
I also think that Vallecas has a special personality of it's own, without having to rely on changing the spelling to make it "different".
I guess the history books you were talking about were either written by you in your dreams last night, or published by a bunch of "Vallekanos ke no saben de ke leche estan hablando".
If you like to believe in the story of the "Valle del Kas",that's fine with me, but then again, I bet you also belive in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy.
For the rest of us adults, and as written in "real" history books,the name Vallecas comes from the latin name "Vallis Egas" (Valle de Egas in spanish). The name evolved into "Vallegas", and later into Vallecas.

As for Nuria and myself, we try to make people see Vallecas as the wonderful place it is,and we do that by showing that people from Vallecas can be courteous an educated, not the bunch of low life drug adicts everybody thinks we are.
Unfortunately there are rude people like you that give Vallecas a bad name.

[This message has been edited by Angela (edited 01-16-2001).]

#58970 - 01/14/01 09:35 AM Re: De donde eres tu??
frenchwanderer Offline

Loc: paris France
HI I 'm from Paris France!!
get in touch at frenchwanderer@yahoo.com
I will be in Madrid as of February 2001 for 4 months.

#58971 - 01/14/01 11:59 AM Re: De donde eres tu??
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Angela, I know very well to Telmo and I know he wasn't mean to be rude. He is a very proud Vallecano/Vallekano and he was trying to show his point, in a very passionate way but without trying to be rude. I always believed that the story about Valle del Kas was true, and unfortunately I don't know if it is true or not.
Hey, we Vallecanos/Vallekanos shouldn't be fighting, right?
Un beso para los dos.

Torpedo, ya sabes que siempre me ha gustado ser importante (aunque nunca lo consiga )

#58972 - 01/14/01 05:35 PM Re: De donde eres tu??
ilovemadrid Offline

Loc: Hawaii
Hi Frenchwanderer:
Je vais aller en Espagne et en France cet été.
I will email you as the date approaches.
Hope that you have a great time in Spain!

#58973 - 01/15/01 07:31 AM Re: De donde eres tu??
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
I am from a boring, boring Western Massachusetts town that is a suburb to nowhere. But I managed to escape to Sevilla, Spain (lived there for 2 years) and kept wandering to Nice, France and Cuenca, Ecuador before finally stopping in New York City, where I am now.

#58974 - 01/15/01 12:55 PM Re: De donde eres tu??
supaJack Offline

Loc: Houghton, Mi, USA
Im from st. Johns, Michigan. Im now going to school in the middle of lake Superior (pretty much litteraly). Its just a little snowy...

#58975 - 01/16/01 05:37 AM Re: De donde eres tu??
Xena Offline

Loc: Bucharest
Hi all!
I was in the mountains for the last month hoping to ski but unfortunately the snow didn't bother to fall on the slopes...
I am from Bucharest, Romania and I am a little humiliated cause on this board there are so many Americans.
I wonder if the net is used more in US than in other countries, or this is just because the biard language is mostly English?

Page 7 of 24 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2303 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments