Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#58899 - 01/08/01 08:30 AM Re: The goose has left!!!
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
so good to have so many responses!! i will respond to you individaully through e-mail. i am very very very happy to be home. i have found a piso and am in ther process of going through the paperwork, also i have a few leads on some english teaching jobs. defintely will keep you all posted!!!

Hala Madrid!!!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

#58900 - 01/08/01 10:53 AM Re: The goose has left!!!
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
MM98...I hope you post your goings on on the board! I think we are all interested to know how you are doing and what successes and problems you're experiencing in your move. What can you rent a piso for in El Escorial for example? Things like that are interesting to us.

Leche

#58901 - 01/08/01 03:11 PM Re: The goose has left!!!
esq Offline

Loc: miami,fl
Way to go Miss Madrid y BUENA SUERTE!!!!!

#58902 - 01/08/01 03:47 PM Re: The goose has left!!!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
MissMadrid98 - sounds as if you have things well under control - a roof and some possible job leads already! You really must feel like you are home!!! Have to tell you we miss you - and couldn't be happier for you! Keep us posted when you can ...

#58903 - 01/08/01 06:46 PM Re: The goose has left!!!
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
well what i did monday mornig is i hit the streets at 9:30 in the morning. i bought 2 papers, the mercadillo de la sierra and the segundameno paper. there were some good things in there, i even thought of moving in with someone as a roomate in the roomate wanted ads, just to get started. they are asking for like 25 to 30,000 pts a month. i went to rental agencies and not much is availible cause the students in town have taken up all the cheap small apartments. but i was able to find one. The girl who worked at the rental agency named pilar showed me a 2 bedroom apartment, centrally located, views of the monastery, washer, dish washer, heater, hot water, even an elevator in the building and fully furnished for 70,000pts a month. that actually really pricy, but i really don´t have much to choose from, it´s actually very cute and nice. the one thing that they sometimes ask you is for a pay stub of some sort, if you don´t have one you can show a bank statement that you have money, but it has to be a spanish bank. so tommorow i am going to the bank to see what i can do. I also went to an english academy in town to see what was availible. i let them know i was in the process of getting my CELTA certificate and am ready to work. the boss of the place gave me few options and told me he may have work for me in villanueva de la cañada, like 15 minutes away. so tommorow i am going to go there see what´s it´s like and call him back. he was also going to ask the women who heads up the english program in el escorial if she needed another english teacher, so we´ll see. i will keep you guys posted and let you know how it works out!!!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

#58904 - 01/08/01 09:56 PM Re: The goose has left!!!
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Oh, wow. mm98, I lived in Villanueva de la Cañada for the last three years I lived in Spain (not actually in town, but in an urbanización of la Cañada's called Villafranca del Castillo, although for me it's Paradise on Earth). It's a great place. There's a university there now - it opened oh, maybe 5 or 6 years ago, and so the town has been growing fast, and lots of young people have been moving there. If you take the road from la Cañada pueblo towards Brunete just to the outskirts, there's a stable for horseback riding, and it has a restaurant with terrazza -can't remember the name. It's run by a guy named Josetxu - everyone knows him - and he's the husband of a very, very close friend of mine. Go there and tell him Diane sent you - you'll like it!

The best of luck!

#58905 - 01/10/01 06:48 PM Re: The goose has left!!!
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
I am green with envy! Please keep up posted on your experiences. I will travel to Spain this year ( hopefully sooner, not later) so we will have to rendezvous.

Best Wishes,

Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn (edited 01-10-2001).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments