Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#58825 - 12/24/00 09:21 AM Nochebuena
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
What do you have planned for Nochebuena? I am in Buffalo, New York where it is snowing (again!). If the snow lets me get out of the house, I'll go to my relatives' house for a Sicilian meal in honor of my grandmother QEPD. We will then have a Christmas paella tomorrow at my house, with lots of good spanish wine/cava, and turron. Felicidades to all of you!

#58826 - 12/24/00 04:21 PM Re: Nochebuena
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Tonight we celebrate with tamales and posolé, just like my grandma used to make, then we open gifts! Tomorrow will be spent with our Spanish friends, can't wait!

I'm off to Madrid on the 26th, and i'm so excited!!!!!

FELIZ NAVIDAD to everyone on the board!!!!

#58827 - 12/24/00 09:41 PM Re: Nochebuena
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Hi, I drove from Niagara Falls to Seneca Falls on the NYS thruway last night. Buffalo (rgf) had some snow, as usual.

Food, drink, fun, gifts and family.

There have been meteor showers at night in central NYS and I saw one meteor tonight. It seemed huge. It looked like a firework. I saw it fall as I left my mother's Christmas dinner.

Feliz Navidad a todos!

#58828 - 01/07/01 07:44 PM Re: Nochebuena
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'M HOME FROM PERU!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope everyone had a great nochebuena. Laduque, tamales and posole sound GREAT!! I love them both.

My ladyfriend and I spent nochebuena in Cusco, Peru and had dinner in one of the man second-floor balconied restaurants which overlook the beautiful Plaza de Armas. The dinner included a live folkloric Andean music and dancers show. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I was still in the middle of a 3-day bout with "soroche" (altitude sickness) so I ate almost nothing due to my nausea. We walked through the throngs of indigenous peoples which had spread out their blankets, covering nearly every square inch of the plaza floor to sell their wares and foods. It was a sight/smell to behold! We returned late to Hostal Loreto (recommended & cheap!) just off the Plaza de Armas and saw hundreds of indigenous persons sleeping on/under their colorful blankets under the balconies of the plaza on this cold, damp evening.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments